BRIGHT: Brain Integrity in Survivors of Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated with Thoracic Radiation
Type of Protocol/Clinical Study
Supportive Studies: Long Term Effects : Hodgkin lymphoma survivors
In this study we are trying to understand how chest radiation to treat Hodgkin lymphoma affects heart and lung function and how that may also effect brain health. Hodgkin lymphoma survivors within the St. Jude Life study who were treated with chest radiation will be recruited to undergo evaluations of their heart, lungs and brain. We will also recruit a comparison sample of healthy people matching on age, sex and race. The comparison group will also complete evaluations of their heart, lung and brain.
- We want to look at brain health in adult survivors of childhood cancer who were treated with radiation to the chest area.
- We want to see if cancer treatments directed to the heart and lung are connected to brain health in adult survivors of Hodgkin lymphoma.
- We want to learn if there is a connection between the health of heart, lungs and blood vessels and brain health in adult survivors of Hodgkin lymphoma treated with radiation to the chest area.
- Participant is currently enrolled in the St. Jude Life study and received chest radiation OR
- Participant is a sibling, parent, relative or friend of a current or former St. Jude patient.
- Participant is > 18 years of age at time of evaluation.
- Participant does not have a history of cranial or total body radiation therapy.
- Participant does not have a history of intrathecal Methotrexate, high-dose Methotrexate or high-dose Cytarabine.
- Participant does not have a history of head injury or diagnosis of a genetic disorder associated with neurocognitive impairment.
- Participant does not have known neurocognitive impairment prior to the diagnosis of cancer.
- Participant does not have a history of congenital heart disease reported in the literature to be associated with neurocognitive status as determined by the PIs.
- Female participant of child-bearing potential is not pregnant or lactating OR Not Applicable.
- Participant does not have history of secondary CNS neoplasms.
Kevin Krull, PhD
The above information is intended to provide only a basic description about a research protocol that may be currently active at St. Jude. The details made available here may not be the most up-to-date information on protocols used by St. Jude. To receive full details about a protocol and its status and or use at St. Jude, a physician must contact St. Jude directly.