To give you some ideas to increase the impact of your event, here are some helpful tips and suggestions from some of the most successful Special Events for St. Jude coordinators:
- Contact your local Chamber of Commerce to ensure your event date doesn’t conflict with a previously scheduled event in your community. Add your event date to community calendars in your area.
- Ask family, friends and business associates to assist in the planning and coordination of your event, and hold meetings to discuss your progress.
- Include information about your event in an upcoming newsletter or send out an e-mail explaining the event to your group.
- Post information on your group's bulletin board or in common, high-traffic areas.
- Collect contact information, including e-mail addresses, from all of your participants so you can remind them three to five days before the event and thank them after the event.
- Help increase your event's donations by asking for help from within your community. Many coordinators appeal to local businesses for monetary, prize and food donations.
- Add side events to help enhance participation and raise additional funds. Some great examples are barbecues, picnics and dinners where attendees are charged by the plate.
- Visit www.stjude.org to find more patient stories to share with your group.
Special Note: Raffles cannot be conducted on behalf of St. Jude. Please contact the Coordinator Support Team at 1-800-457-2444 if you have questions.
Do you have some great Special Events for St. Jude tips to share? Tell us your success story, activities that took place at your event, helpful tips and any other fun details and pictures you’d like to share by submitting them to firstname.lastname@example.org.