St. Jude Vendors Code of Conduct Policies
To provide guidelines governing the use of identification badges (ID badge) and to identify the types of identification issued to employees and other workers.
- Human Resources (HR) will issue a digital image ID badge to all employees and authorized persons.
- Individuals who are not employees of St. Jude but are expected to be on the campus in a supportive or employment role for a period longer than 2 days are required to be issued an ID badge. Nonelectronic ID badges will be issued to temporary agency personnel and others in positions of limited duration.
- All ID badges, must be worn above the waist in a visible manner while on the campus.
- Nonexempt (hourly) employees will use the ID badge for recording work time by punching an St. Jude time clock.
- The loss or theft of an ID badge should be reported promptly to HR. The replacement cost for a digital ID badge may be deducted from the employee's payroll check through payroll deduction.
- ID badges remain the property of SJCRH and are required to be returned to HR upon termination of employment or assignment.
Identification badges for employees
- New employees will be issued the digital image ID badge and PIN number for access during the new hire orientation.
- If not attending New Hire Orientation on their first day of employment, St. Jude employees must report to HR on their first day of work to receive a digital image ID badge and PIN number.
Identification for non-employees for electronic access
- A memo documenting where the non-employee will be working and for what expected period of time must be submitted to HR by the St. Jude department Chair/Director/Vice President, or designee to whom the person is reporting
- HR will temporarily assign an identification number and forward the memo to the Facilities Security Department.
- Security management will determine approval of electronic access.
- Upon approval of electronic access, Security will enter the individual's data into the security system, assign a PIN number, and send written notification of the approval to HR.
- HR will generate the digital ID badge and notify the person of the PIN number.
- Any denial of approval for electronic access by Security management will result in consideration for identification without electronic access.
Identification for non-employees for non-electronic access
- A memo documenting where the non-employee will be working and for what expected duration of time must be submitted to HR by the St. Jude supervisor, manager, chair, or director to whom the person is reporting.
- HR will determine approval of the request, in conjunction with Security management, if necessary.
- Upon approval of non-electronic access, HR will generate a temporary non-electronic identification card for the person.
Identification for ALSAC Employees and Associated Members
- Digital image ID badges are issued to all ALSAC employees and associated individuals when requested by the ALSAC Human Resources Department.
- This request must be submitted in writing to St. Jude Human Resources and must include the appropriate authorizing signature.
- Once the written request has been received in St. Jude HR, St. Jude will work with Security to generate the badge as soon as the ALSAC employee or associated individual is available to have a picture made.
Authorized Person: A person not on the SJCRH payroll who has received approval from the St. Jude Security Office to receive a digital ID badge for electronic access to the St. Jude campus.