Get your soccer team involved
Want to know how you can get in the game and help St. Jude and Major League Soccer kick childhood cancer? Check out these ideas to see how you and your team can become a Goals for St. Jude MVP.
Host a special Goals for St. Jude game and make the day all about working together off the field to achieve victory over cancer
- Invite those watching the game to make a donation as they enter the field.
- At half-time, make an announcement and remind attendees of their opportunity to help the kids of St. Jude.
- Check with the concession stand management to see if your team’s supporters can help sell concessions to raise funds for St. Jude.
- Engage in a little friendly competition by seeing which team’s fans donate the most.
Invite your team’s fans to make a donation in honor of each goal scored
- Pick a time for when people can pledge a donation per goal scored – a certain game, a tournament weekend or the entire season.
- Supporters can choose to make a donation per goal scored by a particular player or by the entire team.
- At the end of the game, tournament or season, announce the grand total raised by people’s generous support ... and your ability to score goals.
Involve your entire team in raising funds together
- As a team (and with your coaches or parents), host a classic fundraising event such as a car wash, bake sale before a game, team garage sale, etc.
Once your team has made a difference to the kids of St. Jude, here is what you need to do:
- Convert any cash donations raised into a check or money order made payable to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Mail your donation to:
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Attn: Goals for St. Jude
501 St. Jude Place
Memphis, TN 38105
Along with your donation, please include a note that lists:
- Your team’s name (or league, school, church, etc.)
- Contact person such as coach, sponsor or team member
- Mailing address
- Please include “Goals for St. Jude” on the check or money order
Questions? If you have any questions or need more support, please contact email@example.com or call (901) 572-4946.