To give you some ideas to increase the impact of your event, here are some helpful tips and suggestions from some of the most successful St. Jude Walk coordinators:
- Contact your local Chamber of Commerce to ensure your event date doesn't conflict with a previously scheduled event in your community. Add your event date to community calendars in your area.
- Ask family, friends and business associates to assist in the planning and coordination of your event, and hold meetings to discuss your progress.
- One week prior to your event, hang the St. Jude Walk banner included in your kit at the event site. Add date, time and location if desired.
- Hang posters in local businesses where you think potential participants would frequent.
- Use your personal fundraising website to recruit participants by sending emails to your contact list and posting a link on social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. To get started, check out the online fundraising instructions included in your kit.
- Collect contact information, including email addresses, from all of your participants so you can remind them three to five days before the event and thank them after the event.
- St. Jude Walk is a great outdoor event, but make sure to stay hydrated. Have at least one water table stationed along your route.
- Visit www.stjude.org to find more patient stories to share with your group.
Raise more money
These are some other ways to raise additional funds for St. Jude at your St. Jude Walk event:
- Conduct a silent or live auction of donated items.
- Ask a local business to sponsor your St. Jude Walk, or ask them to match what your group is able to raise. Businesses can also provide goods, services and even volunteers for your event.
- Sell snacks and drinks with the proceeds going toward your total donation.
- Have an activity area for kids including face painting, moon bounce and other fun activities. Many successful events charge admission to this area with proceeds going toward their total donation to St. Jude.
Raffles cannot be conducted on behalf of St. Jude.
Please contact the Coordinator Support Team at 1-800-457-2444 or email@example.com if you have questions.
Do you have some great St. Jude Walk tips? Share your success story, activities that took place at your event, helpful tips and any other fun details and pictures by submitting them to firstname.lastname@example.org.