What is Saddle Up for St. Jude?
Saddle Up for St. Jude is a volunteer-based fundraising event featuring horseback riding to raise money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Typically, a Saddle Up event consists of a trail ride, but it can also include horse shows and other equestrian events. Horse enthusiasts hold Saddle Up events across the country to help in the hospital's fight against childhood cancer and other catastrophic diseases.
How does the event work?
- St. Jude sends you a free event kit with coordinator resources, which includes posters, a St. Jude DVD and more.
- Recruit people to participate in the event and provide them with fundraising materials supplied by St. Jude.
- Participants gain sponsorships from family, friends and coworkers through offline and
online fundraising for event participation.
- Donors can make pledges based on the performance of the participant or make a flat donation.
- Coordinators and participants can earn prizes based on donations collected.
Why host an event?
- Combine your passion for horseback riding with helping to save lives of children battling cancer and other catastrophic diseases.
- Provide a meaningful opportunity for your community to enjoy horses and the great outdoors.
- Create partnerships between you, your riding club or organization and area businesses through event sponsorships.
- Generate press coverage for your riding club, organization or group.
- Contribute to St. Jude's groundbreaking research and pioneering care to save the lives of children in communities everywhere.
Bring Saddle Up for St. Jude to your community today. Call 1-800-567-0675 or fill out this form to sign up and receive your Saddle Up for St. Jude kit.
Meet St. Jude patient Reese
Today, Reese is an active little girl who loves to dance. But at age 2, she was found to suffer from a brain tumor.
How are you helping?
Do you have any great
Saddle Up for St. Jude tips, stories or pictures you can share? If so, please email them.
Your one-stop-shop for resources, forms and more.
Host an event