What is Martial Arts for St. Jude?
Martial Arts for St. Jude is a volunteer-based fundraising event for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. The program can be hosted in a variety of ways to suit your academy. Many successful events have included:
- board-breaking demonstrations
- any other activities selected by the coordinator
How does the event work?
- St. Jude sends your academy/studio a free event kit with coordinator resources, which includes posters, a St. Jude DVD and more.
- Recruit your students to participate in the event and provide them with fundraising materials supplied by St. Jude.
- Participants gain sponsorships from family, friends and coworkers through offline and
online fundraising for event participation.
- Donors can make pledges based on the performance of the participant or make a flat donation.
- Coordinators and participants can earn prizes based on donations collected.
Why host an event?
- Combine your passion for martial arts with helping to save lives of children battling cancer and other catastrophic diseases.
- Provide a meaningful opportunity to bring your academy and community together.
- Create partnerships between your academy and area businesses through event sponsorships.
- Teach your students and staff the power they have through volunteerism.
- Generate press coverage for your academy.
- Contribute to St. Jude’s groundbreaking research and pioneering care to save the lives of children in communities everywhere.
Bring Martial Arts for St. Jude to your academy today. Call 1-800-567-0636 or fill out this form to sign up and receive your Martial Arts for St. Jude kit.
Meet St. Jude
patient Anthony Lawrence
Anthony was found to suffer from a brain tumor in the fall of 2008.
stories and tips
Do you have any great Martial Arts for St. Jude tips, stories or pictures you can share? If so, please email them.
Your one-stop-shop for resources, forms and more.
Host an event
Keep in touch with St. Jude