What is Martial Arts for St. Jude?
Martial Arts for St. Jude is a volunteer-based fundraising event for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. The program can be hosted in a variety of ways to suit your academy. Many successful events have included:
- board-breaking demonstrations
- any other activities selected by the coordinator
How does the event work?
- St. Jude sends your academy/studio a free event kit with coordinator resources, which includes posters, a St. Jude DVD and more.
- Recruit your students to participate in the event and provide them with fundraising materials supplied by St. Jude.
- Participants gain sponsorships from family, friends and coworkers through offline and online fundraising for event participation.
- Donors can make pledges based on the performance of the participant or make a flat donation.
- Coordinators and participants can earn prizes based on donations collected.
Why host an event?
- Combine your passion for martial arts with helping to save lives of children battling cancer and other catastrophic diseases.
- Provide a meaningful opportunity to bring your academy and community together.
- Create partnerships between your academy and area businesses through event sponsorships.
- Teach your students and staff the power they have through volunteerism.
- Generate press coverage for your academy.
- Contribute to St. Jude’s groundbreaking research and pioneering care to save the lives of children in communities everywhere.
Bring Martial Arts for St. Jude to your academy today. Call 1-800-567-0636 or fill out this form to sign up and receive your Martial Arts for St. Jude kit.
Meet St. Jude
Ian was just 5 years old when he was found to suffer from a brain tumor.
stories and tips
Do you have any great Martial Arts for St. Jude tips, stories or pictures you can share? If so, please email them.
Your one-stop-shop for resources, forms and more.
Host an event