Tips for Happy Cart Crafts
We would like to thank you for volunteering to make craft packets for the St. Jude Happy Cart. The following are just a few things to keep in mind when making the packets so that they can be fully enjoyed by the patients.
- When assembling craft packets for the Happy Cart please remember that all materials have to be new.
- Please use one gallon clear sealed zippered plastic bags as the packet for each craft. You should include all items necessary for the completion of the craft. Glue, scissors, crayons or markers should be placed in a separate clear sealed zippered plastic bag.
- Each craft packet should include instructions for doing your craft. The instruction sheet should be step by step and easy to follow. Please place it in the front of the bag for easy viewing. An illustration of the completed craft is preferred.
- Many of our patients / families come from Spanish speaking countries. Step by step instructions in Spanish, if possible, would be most appreciated.
- Craft supplies cannot include latex balloons, candles, knives, toy guns, water guns, or other unsafe materials.
- Please avoid small objects that can be choking hazards.
- Please do not include food of any kind in the craft packets (i.e. beans, pasta, etc. that are often used for arts and crafts).
- Crafts should be religiously, politically, ethnically, and culturally neutral.
- Also avoid any threatening themes of crafts such as death, medical procedures, medical personnel, and illness.
- Please do not include any personal information such as the name of your organization, your name and address in the packets.
Once again, thank you for donating your time and resources to make craft packets for the Happy Cart. They will be enjoyed. Please contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com if you have any other questions.