What is Workout for St. Jude?
Workout for St. Jude is a volunteer-based fun exercise event that raises money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Many successful events have combined Workout for St. Jude with regular club workout sessions or specific classes. The program is very flexible and is based around exercise events that students, club members and staff participate in such as:
- pounds lifted
- bike miles ridden
- minutes walked
- circuit training
- any other exercises selected by the coordinator
How does the event work?
- St. Jude sends you a free event kit with coordinator resources, which includes posters, a St. Jude DVD and more.
- Recruit people to participate in the event and provide them with fundraising materials supplied by St. Jude.
- Participants gain sponsorships from family, friends and coworkers through offline and
online fundraising for event participation.
- Donors can make pledges based on the performance of the participant or make a flat donation.
- Coordinators and participants can earn prizes based on donations collected.
Why host an event?
- Combine your passion for exercise and healthy living with helping to save lives of children battling cancer and other catastrophic diseases.
- Provide a meaningful opportunity for your community to enjoy exercise activities.
- Create partnerships between you, your workout center or organization and area businesses through event sponsorships.
- Generate press coverage for your workout center, organization or group.
- Contribute to St. Jude's groundbreaking research and pioneering care to save the lives of children in communities everywhere.
Bring Workout for St. Jude to your community today. Call 1-800-567-0636 or fill out this form to sign up and receive your Workout for St. Jude kit.
Meet St. Jude
Ian was just 5 years old when he was found to suffer from a brain tumor.
How are you helping?
Do you have any great Workout for St. Jude tips, stories or pictures you can share? If so, please email them.
Your one-stop-shop for resources, forms and more.
Host an event