2013 St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend canceled
Thanks to everyone for your understanding about our decision to cancel this year's event. In this video below from last night's pasta party, ALSAC/St. Jude CEO Rick Shadyac provides further insight on this difficult decision.
updated December 7, 9:50 a.m.
The default player for embedding or displaying video on stjude.org. Default size: 480x270
The Memphis community is offering activities for runners:
- Elvis Presley's Graceland is offering a 20% discount on tickets for runners and their families. Please show your bib number or any item from marathon registration packet. Hours: 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Shelby Farms Park and Shelby Farms Greenline are providing runners with a $5 discount on admission to Orion FCU Starry Nights. Show your bib number or registration papers. Hours: 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. Mistletoe Village will also be featuring fun family activities, such as camel rides, live ice carving demonstrations, s'more roasting around cozy camp fires, holiday shopping, photos with Santa and more.
- The Memphis Grizzlies are offering runners the opportunity to purchase Memphis Grizzlies tickets to tonight's game at 7 p.m. at 50% off in the Club and Terrace sections: $50 club and $10 terrace seats (all locations). This offer will be available until 3pm tomorrow. Use Promo Code: MEMPHIS. Visit: http://bit.ly/MemGrizz
- The Memphis Brooks Museum of Art is offering runners and their families free family admission by showing race number or badge upon arrival.
Update December 6, 6:34 p.m.
The safety of race participants, volunteers and spectators is and always has been our top priority. After careful consideration with race officials, City of Memphis and Office of Emergency Management officials, and the Memphis Police Department, we have made the difficult but necessary decision to cancel this year’s St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend due to weather conditions.
As a result, we are providing registered participants in the 2013 St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend races with multiple options to accommodate this unfortunate turn of events. Participants may choose from one of the following options:
- St. Jude will apply their registration to one of these upcoming events:
- P.F. Chang’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona Marathon and Half-Marathon (January 19, 2014)
- Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon and Half-Marathon (February 2, 2014)
- St. Jude Country Music Marathon and Half-Marathon (April 26, 2014).
NOTE: St. Jude will not cover any expenses other than the application of the registration fee, subject to race availability.
- Receive a refund of your registration fee for the St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend or allow your registration fee to be donated to St. Jude.
Finally, registered participants in the 2013 St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend will have the first opportunity to sign up for the 2014 event during a special registration window to be announced later.
In the very near future we will communicate to 2013 participants in more detail. We want to express our deepest thanks to all of the participants, volunteers and spectators who have long trained, worked and traveled to support the patients and families of St. Jude through this amazing annual event. We hope everyone will come back to support the 2014 St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend. The money raised at events like the St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend are critical to our ability to treat kids with cancer and ensure no family ever pays St. Jude for anything.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.