Here are some helpful tips and suggestions from successful Workout for St. Jude coordinators that could help you make your event even better.
- Have a multi-day event to boost participation. Offer events on both a weeknight and a weekend.
- Contact your local Chamber of Commerce to add your event date(s) to community calendars in your area.
- Invite the community to your event to enable others to see what your studio has to offer and to boost your enrollment. Consider holding an enrollment drive in conjunction with your Workout for St. Jude event.
- Include information about your event in an upcoming newsletter or send an e-mail explaining the event to your group.
- Pre-register participants for the event and encourage them to begin collecting donations for their participation.
- Collect contact information, including e-mail addresses, from all of your participants so you can remind them three to five days before the event and thank them after the event.
- Reach out to other workout facilities and ask them to take part in your event.
- Contact other local businesses in the community for support. They can donate food or beverages, boards, decorations, advertising, monetary donations or sponsorships.
- Add side events to help enhance participation and raise additional funds. Some great examples are barbecues, picnics and dinners where attendees are charged by the plate.
- Visit www.stjude.org to find more patient stories to share with your group.
Do you have some great Workout for St. Jude tips to share? Tell us your success story, activities that took place at your event, helpful tips and any other fun details and pictures you’d like to share by submitting them to email@example.com.