$100* helps St. Jude
two platelet count
tests for a St. Jude patient.
$500* helps St. Jude provide two transfusion units of red blood cells for a
St. Jude patient.
$750* helps St. Jude
a half day of
chemotherapy for a
$1,000* helps St. Jude
two days of oxygen
for a St. Jude patient.
$5,000* helps St. Jude
a day of outpatient
care for a St. Jude patient.
Why support St. Jude?
The support of caring people like you helps St. Jude Children's Research Hospital continue its lifesaving mission of finding cures and saving children. St. Jude founder Danny Thomas believed that "no child should die in the dawn of life," and your donations help bring us closer to the day when every precious life can be saved.
How do your donations help?
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- Because the majority of St. Jude funding comes from individual contributors, we have the freedom to focus on what matters most – saving kids regardless of their financial situation.
How is St. Jude making a difference for sick children?
- St. Jude freely shares the breakthroughs we make, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent to more than 80 percent since it opened 50 years ago.
- St. Jude is where doctors send their toughest cases because we have the best world’s best survival rates for the most aggressive childhood cancers.
- St. Jude is the first and only pediatric cancer center to be designated as a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute.
- In 2010, St. Jude embarked on an unprecedented effort to sequence the pediatric cancer genome. The sequencing of the complete cancerous and healthy genomes of 700 childhood cancer patients resulted in ground-breaking discoveries in a number of aggressive childhood cancers, prompting TIME magazine to recognize the Pediatric Cancer Genome Project as one of the top 100 new scientific discoveries in 2013.
How are donations used?
- St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90 percent in the next decade. We won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.
- It costs $1.9 million a day to operate St. Jude, and public donations provide more than 75 percent of our funding.
Donate now to help St. Jude save the lives of children in communities everywhere.
*These values and treatments are representative only as examples. Your donation will be used to support the hospital's cost of treatment and research. Your gift is not restricted.