- We share our discoveries
- St. Jude helps ease the financial burden
- Revealing the causes of cancer
- Be a hero to St. Jude kids
- Kay Jewelers discusses St. Jude on TODAY show
- St. Jude around the world
- A leader in treating sickle cell disease
- Disney star joins St. Jude patient for Kmart shopping spree
- Another successful year for St. Jude Thanks and Giving
- We focus on what matters most
- Rewriting the book on childhood cancer
- St. Jude Thanks and Giving all week on TODAY
Rewriting the book on childhood cancer
When St. Jude Children's Research Hospital opened its doors in 1962, the overall childhood cancer survival rate was 20 percent. A diagnosis of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), the most common childhood cancer, was a virtual death sentence. Over the past 50 years, treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate to 80 percent, and St. Jude researchers have helped push the survival rate of ALL from 4 percent to 94 percent.
Over the next decade, St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90%, spearheaded by such endeavors as the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital – Washington University Pediatric Cancer Genome Project.
What's more, St. Jude freely shares the breakthroughs it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
Unlike any other hospital, the majority of funding for St. Jude comes from everyday people. Thanks to its generous donors, families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing and food — because all a family should worry about is helping their child live. We won't stop until no child dies from cancer. Find out how you can help.
Dedicate your gift to someonePay tribute to a friend or loved one by helping St. Jude continue its lifesaving mission. You can choose to notify them of your gift via e-card or mail card.
Make your gift today.
Give monthlyGiving monthly is quick, easy and helps ensure that no family ever receives a bill from St. Jude for anything. St. Jude Partners In Hope receive special benefits such as monthly patient stories.
Become a monthly donor.