St. Jude Vendors Code of Conduct Policies
The purpose of this policy is to help ensure a safe environment for patients, families, visitors, and staff on St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital property.
- St. Jude prohibits carrying or transporting a firearm or weapon of any kind in buildings on St. Jude property. This prohibition does not apply to on duty law enforcement officers.
- The Director of Security, or designee the primary interface between St. Jude and outside security agencies, may make exceptions to this policy when operationally necessary.
- Any employee found in violation of this policy is subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. If the offender is not an employee, other appropriate action will be taken, up to and including removal from campus and/or suspension or revocation of housing privileges.
- All weapons observed in violation of this policy should be immediately reported to Security at ext. 4444.
- Reporting Emergencies Involving Weapons
- Emergencies involving weapons should be reported by calling 911 or Security (ext. 4444).
- Do not put yourself or anyone else in danger in order to make the report. If necessary, leave the area prior to making the call.
- Security should be called as soon as safely possible when a weapon is used or displayed in a threatening manner, or used in a crime.
- Evacuate all persons from the affected area to safety.
- Notify Security of the nature of the event, including any injuries, the location, a description of the individual, and the type of weapon involved.
- Procedure for Non-emergency Reports of a Weapon
- Non-emergency incidents involving weapons should be reported as soon as possible to Security, ext. 4444.
Weapon: A weapon is defined as a firearm or anything manifestly designed, made or adapted for the purpose of inflicting death or bodily injury; or anything that in the manner of its use or intended use is capable of causing death or bodily injury.