Continuing Medical Education
St. Jude is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education credits for conferences approved by Joan Chesney, MD, Vice President and Director of Clinical Education and Training Office (CETO).
- To consistently offer excellent educational programming to better enable physicians and other health care professionals to provide superior medical care for children with catastrophic diseases.
- To enhance the dissemination of knowledge to ensure that clinicians have timely and relevant information available.
- To facilitate a career-long continuum of medical education.
- To foster innovation in current medical education programs.
- To be a resource and model for course directors and educators at St. Jude.
The scope of the St. Jude CME program fosters educational activities in both clinical and non-clinical environments with an expectation of enhancing scientific knowledge and skills for the clinical staff. The following areas are targeted:
- Basic and clinical science
- Practice management
In addition, St. Jude’s CME Program provides opportunities through joint sponsorship with other respected and recognized medical organizations.
Regularly Scheduled Series approved for CME credit(s) include:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider and Renewal Courses
- Brain Tumor Conference
- Children’s Infectious Diseases Conference (CIDC)
- HIV Lunch-N-Learn
- Infectious Diseases Clinical Case Conference
- Infectious Diseases Clinical Journal Club
- Infectious Diseases Research Conference
- Leukemia/Lymphoma & BTMCT Conference
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider and Renewal Courses
- Solid Tumor Conference
- Solid Tumor Board Conference
- St. Jude Grand Rounds
For questions regarding new conferences or individual credits contact Linda P. Taylor, MBA.