Reuben Antony, MD
Midwest Affiliate Clinic
St. Jude Midwest Affiliate Clinic
Children’s Hospital of Illinois
530 NE Glen Oak Avenue
Peoria, IL 61637
Phone: (309) 624-4945
Fax: (309) 624-9848
- St. John’s Medical College – Bangalore, India - Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery
- Pediatric Residency – Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom - 1997 – 2001
- Departmental Fellow Pediatric Oncology, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, UK ,2001–2003
- Departmental Fellow in Hematology/Oncology/Stem Cell Transplantation, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Canada 2004-2005
- Resident in Pediatrics, Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Center, New York Medical College, Department of Pediatrics 2006-2008
- Fellow, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles- University of Southern California
- Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatrics – 2010
- Member of the Royal Academy of Physicians (UK) – 2000
- Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles, Mittelman Lab, Smith Research Building: Completed a project titled “The Role of Vitamin D in Lymphocytic Leukemia Cell Survival, Proliferation and Resistance to Chemotherapy”. Submitted for publication to the Blood Cancer Journal (under review)
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Laboratory of Mucosal Immunology, Boston, MA – 2005-2006. Worked in a project studying the role of NK cell derived IFN-y in salmonella induced murine intestinal inflammation getting hands on experience in Quantitative PCR, ELISA, Cell Culture, DNA preparation, RNA extraction, isolation of murine bone marrow cells and cellular components of other murine organs.
Harrington L, Srikant CV, Antony R, Rhee SJ, Mellor AL, Shi HN, Cherayil BJ. Deficiency of Indoleamine 2, 3 dioxygenase enhances commensal induced antibody responses and protects against citrobacter colitis. Infection and Immunity 76(7):3045-3053, 2008.
Harrington L, Srikant CV, Antony R, Shi HN, Cherayil BJ. A Role for Natural Killer cells in Intestinal Inflammation Caused by Infection with Salmonella Enterica Serovar Typhimrium. FEMS 51(2):372-380, 2007.