BSN – Nursing, University of Tennessee Center for the Health Sciences at Memphis (1970)
MSN – Nursing, Vanderbilt University (1972)
PhD – Nursing, University of Rochester (1982)
- Health and risk behavior in chronic illness
- Motivation in health behavior
- Evaluation of Cardiovascular Outcomes among Survivors (ECHOS), Co-Principal Investigator
- Physical Activity to Modify Sequelae and Quality of Life (QOL) in Childhood ALL: A Nursing Trial, Principal Investigator
- Evaluation of The Effect of Hand Hygiene Education and Promotion on Hand Hygiene Compliance at Hospital Nacional De Ninos Benjamin Bloom (HNNBB), San Salvador, El Salvador, Collaborator
Current Research Consultations
- Symptom Cluster Subgroups in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancers (R01 CA136912), 2010-2012. Lorna Finnegan, PI. University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Web-based Screening and Intervention for High-Risk Drinking and Eating Behaviors (K23 NR011175), 2010-2013. Susan Kelly-Weeder, PI. Boston College.
- Motivational Inerviewing and Physical Activity Behavior Change in Arthritis (K23 NR012225), 2010-2013. Linda Erlich-Jones, PI. Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago.
Cox CL, Zhu L, Steen BD, Hudson MM, Robison LL, Oeffinger KC. Survivor profiles for health-related concerns, motivation, and worry predict medical screening participation: The Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. PsychoOncology 2014 (in press). DOI: 10.1002/pon.3167.
Cox CL, Sherrill-Mittleman DA, Riley BB, Hudson MM, Williams LJ, Leisenring WM, Zacher MG, Robison LL. Development of a comprehensive health-related needs assessment for adult survivors of childhood cancer. J Cancer Surviv 7:1-19, 2013.
Green DM, Cox CL, Zhu L, Krull KR, Srivastava DK, Stovall M, Nolan VG, Ness KK, Donaldson SS, Oeffinger KC, Meacham LR, Sklar CA, Armstrong GT, Robison LL. Risk factors for obesity in adult survivors of childhood cancer. A Report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. JCO 30(3):246-55, 2012.
Cox CL, Zhu L, Finnegan L, Steen BD, Hudson MM, Robison LL, Oeffinger KC. Survivor profiles predict health behavior intent: the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. Psychooncology 21(5): 469-78, 2012.
Ehrlich-Jones L, Lee J, Semanik P, Cox CL, Dunlop D, Chang RW. Relationship between beliefs, motivation and worries about physical activity and physical activity participation in persons with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Care and Research. Arthritis Care and Research 63(12):1700-5, 2011.
Ness KK, Morris EB, Nolan VG, Howell CR, Gilchrist LS, Stovall M, Cox CL, Klosky JL, Gajjar A, Neglia JP. Physical performance limitations among adult survivors of childhood brain tumors. Cancer 116:3034-44, 2010.
Montgomery M, Huang S, Cox CL, Leisenring WM, Oeffinger KC, Hudson MM, Ginsberg J, Armstrong GT, Robison LL, Ness KK. Physical therapy and chiropractic use among childhood cancer survivors with chronic disease: Impact on health-related quality of life. J Cancer Surviv. 5(1):73-81, 2011.
Kunin-Batson A, Kadan-Lottick N, Zhu L, Cox CL, Bordes V, Srivastava DK, Zeltzer L, Robison LL, Krull KR. Predictors of independent living status in adult survivors of childhood cancer: A report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. Pediatr Blood Cancer 57(7):1197-203, 2011.
Last update: February 2014