BS (Pharmacy) – University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (1979)
PharmD – University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences, Memphis (1981)
Residency – Hospital Pharmacy, Duke University Hospital/Medical Center (1982)
Honors & Awards
- 2016 Clinical Care Improvement Award (in collaboration with others) for leading the development of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- 2014 Fellow of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- 2013 Student Advocacy Award, Tennessee Society of Student Pharmacists
- 2011 National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) Pharmacy Leadership Award
- 2010 National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) Pharmacy Leadership Award
- 2008 Tennessee Society of Health-System Pharmacists’ Past President Award
- 2005 Tennessee Society of Health-System Pharmacists’ Distinguished Service Award
- 2002 Excellence in Teaching Award, Student Government Association Executive Council, University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy
- 1996 Tennessee Society of Health-System Pharmacists Hospital Pharmacist of the Year
- 1994 Fellow of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Antimicrobial utilization and improvement
- Medication Use Systems
Bernardo VA, Cross SJ, Crews KR, Flynn PM, Hoffman JM, Knapp KM, Pauley JL, Molinelli AR, Greene WL. Posaconazole therapeutic drug monitoring in pediatric patients and young adults with cancer. Ann Pharmacother Jul-Aug;47(7-8):976-83, 2013. (PMCID: PMC4384822)
AlFaar AS, Kamal S, AbouElnaga S, Greene WL, Quintana Y, Ribeiro RC, Qaddaoumi IA. International telepharmacy education: another venue to improve cancer care in the developing world. Telemed J E Health Jul-Aug;18(6):470-4, 2012. (PMCID: PMC3399109)
Lobo B, Greene WL. Comment: zolpidem: distinct from triazolam? (reply to letter) Annals of Pharmacotherapy 31:1410-13, 1997.
Lobo B, Greene WL. Zolpidem: Distinct from triazolam? Annals of Pharmacotherapy 31:625-32, 1997.
Simmons BP, Gelfand MS, Greene WL. Empiric use of amphotericin B and fluconazole for nosocomial fever of unknown origin not responding to antibacterial antibiotics. Infect Dis Clin Pract 6:177-81, 1997.
Bertorini TE, Nance AM, Horner LH, Greene W, Gelfand MS, Jaster JH. Complications of intravenous gammaglobulin in neuromuscular and other diseases. Muscle Nerve 19:388-91, 1996.
Lobo B, Greene WL. Indicate specific low-molecular-weight heparin product and dosage (letter). Chest 30:866, 1996.
Shorr RI, Greene WL. A food-borne outbreak of expensive antibiotic use in a community teaching hospital (letter). JAMA 273:1908, 1995.
Hoon TJ, Wood CA Jr, Whidden MA, Greene WL, Bottorf MB. The relative predictive performance of two theophylline pharmacokinetic dosing programs. Pharmacotherapy 8:82-88, 1988.
Smith JL, Graham DY, Greene WL, Phelps SJ, Green B. Famotidine: a long-acting H-2 receptor antagonist. Comparison with cimetidine and ranitidine. Hosp Formul 22(suppl B):15-27, 1987.
Greene WL. Calcium channel blockers in airway disease. US Pharmacist 11:H1-H16, 1986.
Greene WL. Cimetidine drug interactions. Rev Drug Metab Drug Interact 5:25-51, 1984.
Greene WL. Cimetidine in stress ulcer prophylaxis. Crit Care Med 12:571-75, 1984.
Greene WL, Self TH, Levinson MJ. Cimetidine drug interactions. J Fam Practice 16:1087-93, 1983.
Last update: January 2018