BS (Pharmacy) – University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (1979)
PharmD – University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences, Memphis (1981)
Residency – Hospital Pharmacy, Duke University Hospital/Medical Center (1982)
Honors & Awards
- 2010 National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) Pharmacy Leadership Award
- 2010 Tennessee Society of Health-System Pharmacists’/National Community Pharmacists’ Association Pharmacy Leadership Award
- 2008 Tennessee Society of Health-System Pharmacists’ Past President Award
- 2005 Tennessee Society of Health-System Pharmacists’ Distinguished Service Award
- 2002 Excellence in Teaching Award, Student Government Association Executive Council, University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy
- 1996 Tennessee Society of Health-System Pharmacists Hospital Pharmacist of the Year
- 1994 Fellow of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- 1985 Outstanding Clinical Preceptor, University of Tennessee Doctor of Pharmacy Class of 1985
- 1982 Outstanding Young Men of America
- 1979 Smith, Kline, and French Laboratory Award; University of North Carolina School of Pharmacy
- Medication safety and methods to minimize patient risk
- Pharmacotherapy of infectious disease
AlFaar AS, Kamal S, AbouElnaga S, Greene WL, Quintana Y, Ribeiro RC, Qaddaoumi IA. International telepharmacy education: another venue to improve cancer care in the developing world. Telemedicine and e-Health Jul;18(6):470-4, 2012. Epub 2012 Jun 5, 2012.
Lobo B, Greene WL. Comment: zolpidem: distinct from triazolam? (reply to letter) Annals of Pharmacotherapy 31:1410-13, 1997.
Lobo B, Greene WL. Insomnia (zolpidem is not superior to triazolam. (letter) New Engl J Med 336:1919, 1997.
Lobo B, Greene WL. Zolpidem: Distinct from triazolam? Annals of Pharmacotherapy 31:625-32, 1997.
Simmons BP, Gelfand MS, Greene WL. Empiric use of amphotericin B and fluconazole for nosocomial fever of unknown origin not responding to antibacterial antibiotics. Infect Dis Clin Pract 6:177-81, 1997.
Bertorini TE, Nance AM, Horner LH, Greene W, Gelfand MS, Jaster JH. Complications of intravenous gammaglobulin in neuromuscular and other diseases. Muscle Nerve 19:388-91, 1996.
Lobo B, Greene WL. Indicate specific low-molecular-weight heparin product and dosage (letter). Chest 30:866, 1996.
Shorr RI, Greene WL. A food-borne outbreak of expensive antibiotic use in a community teaching hospital (letter). JAMA 273:1908, 1995.
Hoon TJ, Wood CA Jr, Whidden MA, Greene WL, Bottorf MB. The relative predictive performance of two theophylline pharmacokinetic dosing programs. Pharmacotherapy 8:82-88, 1988.
Smith JL, Graham DY, Greene WL, Phelps SJ, Green B. Famotidine: a long-acting H-2 receptor antagonist. Comparison with cimetidine and ranitidine. Hosp Formul 22(suppl B):15-27, 1987.
Greene WL. Calcium channel blockers in airway disease. US Pharmacist 11:H1-H16, 1986.
Greene WL. Cimetidine drug interactions. Rev Drug Metab Drug Interact 5:25-51, 1984.
Greene WL. Cimetidine in stress ulcer prophylaxis. Crit Care Med 12:571-75, 1984.
Greene WL, Self TH, Levinson MJ. Cimetidine drug interactions. J Fam Practice 16:1087-93, 1983.
Last update: February 2013