BS – Biology, Colorado Christian University, Lakewood, CO
MS – Genetic Counseling, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR
Honors and Awards
- 2019 University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Student Research Day 3 Minute Thesis Competition Winner and College of Health Professions Poster Presentation Winner
- 2018-2019 University of Arkansas for Medical Science Neil and Clara Spain Scholarship Recipient
- 2018-2019 Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions Scholarship of Excellence Recipient
- 2016 Colorado Christian University Outstanding Senior in Biology Award Recipient
- 2019-Present National Society of Genetic Counselors
I am a pediatric cancer genetic counselor with a passion for helping patients and their families navigate complex genetic information and the implications of cancer predisposition syndromes.
Specific research interests include:
- Utilizing genetic information to guide screening and treatment of individuals with cancer predisposition syndromes.
- Exploring Family dynamics, belief systems, and cultural differences as they relate to cancer predisposition syndromes and psychosocial coping strategies
- Identifying gaps in genetics education and building resources to meet the identified needs