- Statement of Purpose: Activity is for scientific and educational purposes only, and not promotion of any specific proprietary business interest of the commercial supporter.
- Control of Content & Selection of Presenters & Moderators: The Accredited Provider is responsible for control of content and selection of presenters and moderators. If this is a joint sponsorship, those persons identified as the meeting planners will be obligated to abide by the guidelines of the Accredited Provider. The Commercial Supporter will not be involved in the selection process of presenters and moderators, or decisions regarding the content of this CME activity.
- Disclosure of Financial Relationships: The Accredited Provider will ensure disclosure information regarding commercial interest is received by each person identified as a meeting planner, CME Committee Member, and/or speaker (or any other person who controls content) in order to share this information with those persons in attendance of this CME activity.
- Involvement in Content: There will be no "scripting," emphasis, or influence on content by the commercial supporter or its agents/employees.
- Ancillary Promotional Activities: No promotional activities will be permitted in the same room or obligate path as the educational activity. No product advertisements will be permitted in the program room(s).
- Objectivity and Balance: The Accredited Provider will make every effort to ensure that data is objectively selected and presented, with favorable and unfavorable information, and balanced discussion of prevailing information on the product and/or alternative treatments.
- Limitations on Data: Accredited Provider will ensure, to the extent possible, meaningful disclosure of limitations on data, e.g., ongoing research, interim analyses, preliminary data, or unsupported opinion.
- Opportunities for Debate: Accredited Provider will ensure meaningful opportunities for questioning or scientific debate.
- Independence of Accredited Provider in the Use of Contributed Funds:
- Funds should be in the form of an educational grant made payable to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- The terms, conditions and purposes of the educational grant will be documented on this compliance form;
- All support associated with this CME activity must be given with the full knowledge and approval of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Office of Continuing Medical Education; and
- No other funds from the commercial supporter will be paid to the program director, faculty, or others involved with the CME activity (e.g., additional honoraria, extra social events, etc.).
The Commercial Supporter will comply with all conditions as stated.
The Accredited Provider will: 1) abide by the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for CME.; 2) acknowledge commercial support by either program brochures, syllabi, or other program materials, and 3) upon request, furnish the commercial supporter a report concerning the expenditure of the funds provided.