The Human Resources Internship offers a motivated individual an opportunity to spend a summer placement within the Human Resources department at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Interns will work side-by-side with professionals on projects in a professional environment to gain insight and experience into the world of Human Resources Management and Development.
The internship will be project-focused with exposure to various components of our working environment. The internship is located in Memphis, TN.
Candidates should note that our internships are full-time learning experiences. You should expect to be available Monday through Friday during standard office hours starting June 3, 2019 through August 10, 2019.
Typical Learning Opportunities
As an experiential and immersive program, you will develop and hone your practical skills on Human Resource Benefits:
- Works closely with St. Jude’s Wellness Program Manager and Living Well staff with day-to-day wellness programming and projects, included but not limited to coordinating, implementing and/or delivering health and wellbeing programs and services, wellness-related campaigns, outreach activities and special projects.
- Plan, develop and promote health and wellness programs and materials for outreach.
- Create a fun, interactive program, such as a “Wellness Wednesday” which encompasses quick nutrition, stress management or fitness tips.
- Research and develop content on health topics for the portal or SJT Motivational Monday.
- Assist with Living Well Center daily operations.
- Support facilitation of fitness assessments.
- Opportunity to research and create new innovative and engaging programs to recruit and retain participation
- Reporting side of portal as data is collected for monthly reports.
- Enhance marketing and publicity of programs, such as Wear Red Day, Mindful Walks, Lunch and Learns.
- Decorate Living Well bulletin board.
- Organize weekly recipes and tips to share with staff on the portal.
Additionally, you will take part in a variety of activities such as hospital tours, networking opportunities, building relationships with a variety of professionals across the institution, and have access to a dedicated mentor, to continue developing new skills.
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program in exercise sciences, health promotion, nutrition or related health & wellness field
- Interested candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college program.
- 3.0 GPA or above. Any exceptions to these requirements must be approved by the VP of Academic Programs.
- Be entering junior or senior year to be considered.
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate
Students most likely to succeed as an intern will possess:
- Passionate about health promotion, corporate wellness, exercise sciences, communications and/or public health
- Creative and eager to learn
- Positive attitude and strong desire to help others
- Strong interpersonal skill set and professional communication skills
- Versatile, good at multi-tasking and follow through
How to Apply
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to StJudeHRInternships@stjude.org. Your letter should include a statement on how participation in this internship would support your academic and career goals.
Please note: Any previous internships or work experience should be included on resume.
Successful candidates will qualify for a stipend. All other expenses including housing, food and transportation are the responsibility of the selected intern.
Deadline to Submit Cover Letter and Resume
The application deadline for the Summer 2019 internship is December 30, 2018.
Please email StJudeHRInternships@stjude.org with any questions.