The Human Resources Internship offers a motivated individual an opportunity to spend a summer placement within the Human Resources department at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Interns will work side-by-side with professionals on projects in a professional environment to gain insight and experience into the world of Human Resources Management and Development.
The internship will be project-focused with exposure to various components of our working environment. The internship is located in Memphis, TN.
Candidates should note that our internships are full-time learning experiences. You should expect to be available Monday through Friday during standard office hours starting June 1, 2018 through August 10, 2018.
Typical Learning Opportunities
As an experiential and immersive program, you will develop and hone your practical skills on a broad range of areas that may include the following focus areas:
- Learning & Development: Leadership training and organizational design
- Compensation: Job development and market analysis
- Benefits: Health plan design, retirement, and tuition reimbursement
- Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS): System configuration and data management
- Talent Acquisition: Job posting processes and candidate review practices
- Immigration: Sponsorships, visas, and other immigration concerns
- Occupational Health: New employee screening and vaccinations
- Employee Wellness: Employee health promotions
- Employee Relations: Bargaining unit/union management and employee performance
- Additionally, you will take part in a variety of activities such as hospital tours, networking opportunities, building relationships with a variety of professionals across the institution, and have access to a dedicated mentor, to continue developing new skills.
- Interested candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college program.
- Candidates are accepted from all majors; an interest in Human Resources is preferred. 3.0 GPA or above. GPA will be validated by transcripts and communication with advisor.
- Be entering junior or senior year to be considered.
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate
Students most likely to succeed as an intern will possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- The ability to manage priorities and work autonomously as appropriate
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
How to Apply
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to StJudeHRInternship@stjude.org. Your letter should include a statement on how participation in this internship would support your academic and career goals.
Please note: Any previous internships or work experience should be included on resume.
Successful candidates will qualify for a stipend. All other expenses including housing, food and transportation are the responsibility of the selected intern.
Deadline to Submit Cover Letter and Resume
The application deadline for the Summer 2018 internship has passed.
Please email StJudeHRInternship@stjude.org with any questions.