The St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Medical Content Outreach internship program will provide relevant experience in communications, marketing, digital platforms, and global outreach in a health care setting. During the internship, the selected student will assist in developing content for web-based resources, communicating science and medicine, and executing technical elements to achieve team goals.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital seeks a creative and motivated individual to assist with projects that support the Medical Content for Patient Outreach (MCO) department. The Together team launched a new website, https://together.stjude.org, in September 2018, and subsequently, a Spanish site in September 2019. The intern will assist with projects that support the team within content development, marketing support, translation services, and community expansion. The intern will have exposure to a variety of internal groups including clinical, research, and other administrative areas.
- Work with subject matter experts during the content development or review processes.
- Collect data and information to support tools on the website such as the facility search, clinical trials locator, or glossary.
- Research, identify, and connect with potential resources and/or partner organizations for link building.
- Assist in identifying, exploring, and creating potential partnerships with organizations that support MCO goals.
- Support various activities related to launch of the patient and family online community.
- Assist with tasks related to the global expansion and language translation.
- Analyze various web metrics including Conductor and Google Analytics, make recommendations for actions, and implement agreed upon activities.
Students interested in applying should be considering careers such as health communications, digital strategy, allied health, and/or patient education. Must be currently enrolled in a MBA, Master of Communications, MPH, or similar program and in good academic standing (GPA 3.0+) for the graduate internship.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and team player, show strong analytical proficiency, possess high attention to detail, possess adaptability and flexibility, demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication expertise, and own robust interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Applications are currently closed. Please check back in October/November 2020.
- Current resume in PDF format
- Cover letter in PDF format addressing interest in marketing management and the St. Jude Internship
- Graduate transcripts (unofficial copies will be accepted, but download links will not)
- For first year students, if fall semester grades are not yet available, please send an unofficial transcript showing the currently enrolled classes.
- Candidates who reach the next round will be contacted to participate in a phone interview.
- A select number of candidates will be invited for an on-site interview.
- A web-based interview may be arranged in lieu of an on-site interview should an applicant be unable to attend in person.
- Offers will be extended and all other interviewed applicants will be notified of their application status no later than March 2020.
The internship will be from mid-May through early August. Internships are full-time learning experiences. Students should be available Monday through Friday, during standard business hours (approximately 12 weeks) throughout the summer.
Compensation and Housing
Compensation will be determined by St. Jude Leadership and will be based on the student's experience and the availability of funds. For non-local interns, the internship may sponsor housing up to a specific amount.
Application Contact Information
Interested students may contact Diane Roberts at email@example.com or 901-595-0260.
Deadline: Cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts were due by 11:59 p.m. CST on January 31, 2020. Offers will be made by March 2020.