The St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Medical Content Outreach Internship program will provide relevant experience in patient education, health communications, plain language writing, digital platforms, and project management. During the internship, the selected student will assist in developing effective, tailored patient and family education using various delivery methods. The student will play an essential role, participating in various initiatives.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital seeks a creative and motivated individual to provide assistance with numerous projects that support the Medical Content for Patient Outreach (MCO) department. The intern will contribute to content development for patient education, both written and visual. The intern will have exposure to a variety of internal groups including clinical, research and other administrative areas.
- Perform literature reviews and data collection to support assignments.
- Research and draft written content based on identified content goals.
- Plan individual projects, gathering information and interviewing key contributors.
- Work with subject matter experts during the content development and review processes.
- Serve on other project teams that support MCO goals.
Students interested in applying should be considering careers such as health communications, allied health, nursing, social work, psychology, health promotion, and/or patient education. Must be currently enrolled in a graduate program and in good academic standing (GPA 3.0+) for the graduate internship.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and team player, demonstrate strong writing and editing proficiency, show high attention to detail, possess adaptability and flexibility.
How to Apply
To be considered, applicants must electronically submit the following items by January 31, 2020, 12am midnight CST:
- Current resume in PDF format
- Cover letter in PDF format addressing interest in patient education and the St. Jude Internship
- Graduate transcripts (unofficial copies will be accepted, but download links will not)
- For first year students, if fall semester grades are not yet available, please send an unofficial transcript showing the currently enrolled classes.
- Candidates who reach the next round will be contacted to participate in a phone interview.
- A select number of candidates will be invited for an on-site interview.
- A web-based interview may be arranged in lieu of an on-site interview should an applicant be unable to attend an on-site interview.
- Offers will be extended and all other interviewed applicants will be notified of their application status no later than March 2020.
The internship will be from mid-May through early August. Internships are full-time learning experiences. Students should be available Monday through Friday, during standard business hours (approximately 12 weeks) throughout the summer.
Compensation and Housing
Compensation will be determined by St. Jude Leadership and will be based on the student's experience and the availability of funds. For non-local interns, the internship may sponsor housing up to a specific amount.
Application Contact Information
Interested students may contact Diane Roberts at email@example.com or 901-595-0260.
Deadline: Cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts are due by 11:59 p.m. CST on January 31, 2020. Offers will be made by March 2020.