The St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend offers a variety of ways to become involved, from setting up the day's activities to cheering on participants and passing out water. There's an opportunity for everyone.
Registration for volunteer opportunities will open soon. Please check back for more information.
- Hand out registration packets.
- Hand out event shirts.
Pre-race set up
- Help set up signs, tables, fencing, etc., before race.
- Help set up the post-race food distribution area.
Early morning setup (arrive at approximately 5 a.m.)
- Set up start and finish lines, scaffolding, signage, etc.
- Place cones throughout course.
- Set up post-race food distribution.
- Breakdown of the start and finish lines.
- Recover cones throughout the course.
- Ensure participants don’t stray from the course.
- Act as traffic control on smaller streets.
- Dispense water and other beverages to race participants. Email our hydration station coordinator at email@example.com for details.
- Cheer on the race participants as they complete their race! Spirit stations are located at every mile of the race. Past stations have included cheering groups, bands of all kinds, disc jockeys, sports teams, mascots, etc. Great for anyone who likes noise and enthusiasm!
- Help keep finish line tidy!
- Help with recycling efforts both at the finish and along the course.
- Help set up post-race food area.
- Feed the hungry finishers!
- Give out medals to race participants!
- Assist participants after they complete the race.
- Escort participants to necessary medical facilities.