Please use these instructions to help you take advantage of the online fundraising site for your Saddle Up for St. Jude event. To get started, follow these steps:
- Complete the online registration from the e-mail invitation you received after signing up to host a Saddle Up for St. Jude event.
Note: If you did not receive your e-mail invitation, call 1-800-567-0675 or visit www.mysaddleupforstjude.org. In the “Coordinators” section, click on the link to request your username and password.
- Once you have logged in, the “Getting Started” instructions will populate. You can close this window as the same instructions are listed on this sheet. Click the "Profile" tab to make sure your contact information is entered correctly. This is also where you set your fundraising goal. If you make changes to your profile information, click “Update” at the bottom to save your changes.
- Customize your event page by clicking on the "Customize Event Page" tab. Make it your own by posting pictures of what inspires you, prior events, etc. and customize the text, or use the St. Jude images and text that are already provided. Click the "Save and Preview" button, then close the preview window. You can make additional edits to your page at any time.
- Go to the "Communications Center" tab.
a. You'll start on the "Address Book" tab. Create your address book by selecting one of the options – “Import Contacts”, “Add Contacts”, or “Import CSV File”. You can use all three options to add contacts to your address book, and you can manage your contacts at any time by clicking on the “Address Book” tab.
b. Click on the “Create and Send E-mail” tab to customize and send e-mails to recruit participants, request donations and thank donors. Be sure to send recruitment e-mails to as many potential participants as possible. The more participants you have, the more successful your event will be in terms of participation and money raised. Your participants can also create event pages to fundraise online and ask family and friends to donate money.
c. Click on “Share with My Networks” to post links to your fundraising Web page on Facebook and Twitter. You can also download a St. Jude-themed widget, which allows your sponsors to access your fundraising page directly from a personal blog, company/school intranet or other Web page.
- Utilize the "Event Progress" page to track your fundraising progress, enter cash and check amounts, and print out a progress report.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Coordinator Support Team at 1-800-567-0675.