St. Jude provides several resources to ensure you have a positive and fun experience, as well as a successful event. The following tools are included in the Volunteer Coordinator Kit shipped to you after registration.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Coordinator Support Team at 1-800-626-BIKE (2453) or email@example.com.
- Coordinator Resource Guide: The guide contains helpful tips and guidelines from planning and recruiting to executing the event.
- Bikewell & Pedals Big Trike Adventure Storybook: Your kit contains an illustrated storybook featuring Bikewell Bear and Pedals the Bunny. The storybook is divided into five daily lessons that teach children the rules of bike and trike safety. View storybook excerpt.
- St. Jude Trike-A-Thon DVD: The DVD is a supplement to Bikewell and Pedals' Big Trike Adventure Storybook. The DVD contains four animated segments containing Bikewell Bear and Pedals the Bunny's rules to safe riding. The DVD also features the St. Jude Trike-A-Thon theme songs. "Different Spokes for Different Folks" and "Rayos Differente" by Hot Peas 'N Butter.
- Donation Submission Form (PDF): Use this form to accompany donations mailed to St. Jude (included in the Coordinator Resource Guide).
- Participant registration worksheet (PDF): Use this form to keep up with your participants, determine how many prizes to order and track prizes for each participant (included in the Coordinator Resource Guide).
- Event flyer (PDF): You can print this PDF file and display it in high-traffic areas around your preschool. The print size is 8 1/2" x 11". The flyer includes areas to customize with your event information to help publicize your event.
- Sponsor form information/consent form (PDF): View the information included on the sponsor form envelope used by participants to collect and list donations, including the consent form to sign and submit to the coordinator.
- St. Jude Trike-A-Thon coloring book (PDF): Bikewell and Pedals teach Trike-A-Thon participants about bike safety in this printable coloring book.
- Coordinator tips: Tips and suggestions from some of the most successful Trike-A-Thon coordinators.
- Online fundraising: www.trikeathon.stjude.org is an easy-to-use website that allows you and your participants to manage your fundraising efforts online. You can create your own Web page, send e-mails to donors, receive credit card donations online and so much more.
- Parent letter (English version): Customize this sample letter to send home to parents, along with the Sponsor Form Envelope/Permission Slip, to explain what St. Jude Trike-A-Thon is, how it works and why their involvement is important.
- Parent letter (Spanish version): Customize this sample letter to send home to parents, along with the Sponsor Form Envelope/Permission Slip, to explain what St. Jude Trike-A-Thon is, how it works and why their involvement is important.
- Parent donation note: Customize this sample note to send home to parents as a reminder to return the donations.
- Tools for media coverage: Use these resources to increase community awareness about your event by customizing the templates and distributing them to local media. The highlighted portions represent areas you can customize with your event information. For details on using these resources, download these tips on working with the media.
- Brochure (PDF): Introductory information about the Trike-A-Thon program.
- Prizes for coordinators and participants: See the prizes that coordinators and participants can earn.