Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer. Please read, view and/or complete all materials listed below. Don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to complete the competency quiz last.
Read or View
- Handwashing Video
- Code of Conduct
- Code of Conduct Video
- Life Safety Questions and Answers
- Volunteer Manual
Forms to Complete
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Volunteer Participant Agreement
- Competency Quiz (complete this after all other materials has been read, reviewed, and/or completed)
Once you have completed all of the above and submitted your Competency Quiz, you will receive a notice asking you to sign up for an orientation/interview. You must sign up for a particular orientation/interview in order to attend as space is limited.
Occupational Health Requirements
We have two ways you can complete your Occupational Health Requirements. These must be completed before you can sign up to attend orientation.
- Complete the Immunization History Form by taking it to your healthcare provider or walk-in care clinic. Return the completed form via fax to 901-595-2720 or via email to email@example.com.
- Alternatively, you may make a "new volunteer" appointment with our Occupational Health office by calling 901-595-2531. Appointments are available Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm. Note, you should plan for a second visit within 48 hours if you require a TB skin test. (Please note, if it has been greater than two weeks since visiting Occupational Health, and you have not received clearance from the Volunteer Office, contact us at 901-595-3328 so we may follow up.).
We highly recommend option 1:
- You save two extra trips to the Hospital
- You save St. Jude significant resources
- You expedite your onboarding process, allowing you to volunteer quicker
- Complete your Occupational Health requirement.
- Sign up to attend an orientation.
A schedule of upcoming orientations will be emailed to you once you have completed the Occupational Health requirement. You must sign up for a particular orientation/interview in order to attend as space is limited. More information about the following steps will be provided at this orientation/interview.
- Attend Volunteer Orientation/Interview.
- Pass criminal background check
- Participate in training specific to your volunteer position
- Fulfill required commitment for your volunteer position.