The Summer Volunteer Opportunities Program will provide volunteer service opportunities for individuals who will reside in Memphis, TN between June and August each year.
This program is highly structured to accommodate individuals who wish to gain experience with patients in a hospital environment. Several volunteer opportunities have been identified to provide a unique St. Jude volunteer contribution, thus helping improve our patient and family experience.
Examples of shift experiences might include taking crafts to inpatient rooms by pushing the “Happy Cart” with a team of volunteers; interacting with patients and families; participating in patient movie/craft/video-gaming events; cleaning toys; rounding up wagons and wheelchairs; and escorting guests as needed.
Due to the limited duration of this program, all participants must be able to meet the following requirements without exception:
- Be at least 18 years old and have graduated from high school.
- Able to volunteer 15 hours a week from June to August; participants schedule their own shifts based on our openings and participant availability
- Be willing to perform and adapt to various volunteer duties.
- Apply and complete paperwork requirements by the deadline given. Details of requirements will be emailed after successful application submission.
- If selected, you must attend MANDATORY volunteer orientation.
PLEASE NOTE: Students enrolled in the St. Jude Pediatric Oncology Experience (POE) are not eligible for this program. Please contact Volunteer Services for alternative volunteer opportunities.
Additionally, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not provide housing for volunteers. Any housing arrangements must be arranged and paid for by the participant.
Information for the 2018 Summer Volunteer Opportunities Program will be available in early spring 2018. Please check back then for updated information.
If you have additional questions regarding the Summer Volunteer Program contact our team at email@example.com.