The Summer Volunteer Opportunities Program will provide volunteer service opportunities for individuals who will reside in Memphis, TN between June 5 and August 4, 2017.
This program is highly structured to accommodate individuals who wish to gain experience with patients in a hospital environment. Several volunteer opportunities have been identified to provide a unique St. Jude volunteer contribution, thus helping improve our patient and family experience.
Examples of shift experiences might include taking crafts to inpatient rooms by pushing the “Happy Cart” with a team of volunteers; interacting with patients and families; participating in patient movie/craft/video-gaming events; cleaning toys; rounding up wagons and wheelchairs; and escorting guests as needed.
Due to the limited duration of this program, all participants must be able to meet the following requirements without exception:
- Be at least 18 years old and have graduated from high school.
- Able to volunteer 15 hours a week from June 5-August 4, 2017; participants schedule their own shifts based on our openings and participant availability
- Be willing to perform and adapt to various volunteer duties.
- Apply by May 5, 2017 and complete paperwork requirements by May 12, 2017. Details of requirements will be emailed after successful application submission.
- If selected, attend a MANDATORY volunteer orientation on May 24, 2017 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and a secondary training on June 1, 2017 from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Attendance at both are required to participate in the program.
PLEASE NOTE: Students enrolled in the St. Jude Pediatric Oncology Experience (POE) are not eligible for this program. Please contact Volunteer Services for alternative volunteer opportunities.
Additionally, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not provide housing for volunteers. Any housing arrangements must be arranged and paid for by the participant.
Applications for summer 2017 are now being accepted through May 5, 2017.
If you have additional questions regarding the 2017 Summer Volunteer Program contact our team at email@example.com.