Applications for summer 2019 are closed. Applications for summer 2020 will be open in March 2020.
The Summer Volunteer Program will provide volunteer service opportunities for individuals who will reside in Memphis, TN, between June and August each year.
The Summer Volunteer Program is highly structured to accommodate individuals who wish to gain experience with patients in a hospital environment. Several volunteer opportunities have been identified to provide a unique St. Jude volunteer contribution, thus helping improve our patient and family experience.
Examples of shift experiences might include interacting with patients and families; participating in patient movie/craft/video-gaming events; cleaning toys; rounding up wagons and wheelchairs and escorting guests as needed.
Due to the limited duration of this program, all participants must be able to meet the following requirements without exception:
- Be at least 18 years old and have graduated from high school.
- Able to volunteer 3 times a week from June to August; participants schedule their own shifts based on our openings and participant availability. Shifts range from Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM for 2-4 hours, depending upon the role. There are a minimal number of evening shifts available, Monday – Thursday.
- Be willing to perform and adapt to various volunteer duties.
- Apply and complete paperwork requirements by the deadline given. Details of requirements will be emailed after successful application submission and review.
- If selected, you must attend MANDATORY volunteer orientation on Wednesday, May 22, from 1:00-5:00 p.m., and training on Wednesday, May 29, from 1:00-5:00 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: Interns and students enrolled in the St. Jude Pediatric Oncology Experience (POE) are not eligible for this program. Please contact Volunteer Services for alternative volunteer opportunities.
Additionally, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not provide housing for volunteers. Any housing arrangements must be arranged and paid for by the participant.
Applications are closed for 2019
If you have additional questions regarding the Summer Volunteer Program, contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.