ST. JUDE DREAM HOME® GIVEAWAY 2018 TERMS & CONDITIONS
Thank you for supporting the St. Jude Dream Home® Giveaway, conducted by ALSAC/St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (“St. Jude”). Your purchase of one or more St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway raffle ticket(s) signifies your agreement to the following Terms & Conditions. In the event of any dispute, a reasonable interpretation or determination by St. Jude regarding the application of these Terms & Conditions is final and binding. The St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway is void where prohibited by law.
• To be eligible to purchase a ticket, you must be at least 18 years old and a living resident of the State of Nevada. The following persons, and their employees and immediate family members, are not eligible to purchase a ticket: Officers, directors, employees of ALSAC or St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®, and National Sponsors of the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway.
• The following persons, and their employees and immediate family members, are not eligible to purchase a St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway ticket within the market where they are providing services: St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway media and prize sponsors; St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway builders and developers; volunteers and members of Epsilon Sigma Alpha; St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway ticket outlets and sellers; and St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway auditors and accountants.
• “Immediate family members” includes the spouse, parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This definition also includes individuals for whom an employee is the current legal guardian or individuals who are not legally related to but who reside with an employee, including "step" and adoptive relationships. The determinations of St. Jude are final and binding with respect to any matter arising out of the interpretation or application of these terms and conditions.
• A ticket purchased by an ineligible person is void, and cannot be a winning ticket. No refunds will be made to ineligible purchasers.
• A ticket issued in exchange for a check returned for “insufficient funds,” or for a credit card charge that was “declined,” or reported as “invalid” or “stolen” is void, and cannot be a winning ticket.
• A ticket represents a chance to win the opportunity to accept an offer of the stated prize. All sales of tickets are final, and no refunds will be paid. Tickets, prizes, receipts, and any winner’s rights are not transferable. Purchases made via the website and toll free number are limited to a maximum of 50 tickets per transaction.
• The IRS has ruled that a payment for a raffle ticket is a tax-deductible charitable contribution only to the extent the amount of the payment exceeds the price of the ticket.
• The winning ticket for each prize will be selected by a random drawing. All tickets have an equal chance to win the house. Ticket purchasers need not be present to win.
• The odds of winning a prize depends on the number of valid raffle tickets sold.
• Each prize will be awarded to a winner. If the ticket has more than one name on it, the prize will be awarded to the eligible individual whose name appears first on the ticket. That individual is solely responsible for allocating the value of the prize among the purchasers.
• St. Jude will notify each winner in writing by sending a Winner Notification Agreement (“WNA”) by certified U.S. mail, return receipt requested, to the mailing address provided by the purchaser. Each winner must accept the prize, “as is,” by signing the WNA and returning it to St. Jude within 7 days after the date the WNA was received. If a winner fails to accept the prize, the prize is forfeited and no substitute or alternative prize will be provided. A forfeited prize may be awarded to the next winner that was selected in the drawings.
• Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for St. Jude to use the winner’s name, picture, video image, and relevant quotes to promote the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway, and agreement by the winner that the prize will not be used for fundraising for another charity.
• St. Jude may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the stated prize is not reasonably available. Travel prizes are subject to availability, and other restrictions may apply.
• The winner of each prize shall have no rights in or to the prize itself until the winner has timely executed the WNA and returned it to St. Jude, and until delivery of the prize to the winner has been completed. Until that time, as between St. Jude and the winner, each prize remains the sole property of St. Jude.
• The winner accepting the house will take ownership subject to all applicable federal, state, and local land use restrictions, and to any covenants, rules, or other restrictions administered by a homeowners’ or condominium association, or other community.
• The value of each prize is includible in the winner’s gross income, and may be subject to reporting by St. Jude to the Internal Revenue Service. Each winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and/or local income, sales, or use taxes due on account of his or her acceptance of the prize. The winner of the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway house agrees that the value of the property reported by St. Jude for income tax and other purposes will be based on the written appraisal obtained by St. Jude from a licensed appraiser.
• With respect to any prize whose value is more than $5,000, the Internal Revenue Service requires St. Jude to withhold federal income tax at the rate of 24%, or current rate as established by the IRS, and the winner must pay the amount of tax to be withheld to St. Jude as a condition of transfer of ownership of the prize. The winner of a vehicle in the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway is responsible for payment of applicable taxes, titling, and licensing fees prior to receiving the vehicle.
• Winners should consult a tax professional.
• Each winner accepts the prize “as is,” and without recourse to St. Jude with respect to any defect, injury, damage, or other problem that may arise or become apparent with respect to the prize. St. Jude disclaims any and all warranties with respect to each prize, including but not limited to any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose.
Limitation of Liability
• Because St. Jude has no right to control, nor exercises any control, over the personnel, equipment, or operations of any builder, seller, or manufacturer of any prize, or any part of any prize, St. Jude assumes no responsibility for any financial loss, personal injury, property damage, or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity that a winner may experience by reason of (1) performance or nonperformance by any supplier; (2) wrongful, careless, negligent, or unauthorized acts or omissions by any supplier or its employees, or by any other party not under the control of St. Jude; (3) any defect, breakdown, or other failure of any aircraft, train, automobile, ship, accommodation, or other equipment or instrumentality owned, operated, or otherwise used by a supplier; (4) acts of God and acts or omissions of third parties; (5) mechanical or construction failures; or any other event or condition beyond St. Jude’s control. Each winner hereby releases and holds St. Jude harmless with respect to any claim based on any such occurrence. A raffle entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy for any breach of duty or conduct related to the Giveaway shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for his or her raffle tickets. In no event shall ALSAC/St. Jude be liable to any person for any loss or injuries to earnings, profits or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages of any person or entity whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of the Giveaway, use or ownership of the prizes.