It’s easy to give an annuity gift and get tax benefits
Charitable gift annuities may interest you if you want to make a significant gift to charity and you:
- Want to receive fixed payments for life that will not fluctuate
- Have assets that would be advantageous to give away during your lifetime, such as cash or funds earning low interest rates, or appreciated securities
- Want to reduce your current income taxes with an income tax charitable deduction
You transfer cash or securities to St. Jude. St. Jude pays you, or up to two annuitants you name, a lifetime annuity. The principle passes to St. Jude when the contract ends.
You can support St. Jude now, while helping achieve your own financial goals and reducing your tax burden.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift
- Your lifetime annuity is backed by a reserve and the full assets of St. Jude
- Your annuity payments are treated as part ordinary income, part annual gains income (15%), and part tax-free income
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift that benefits you now and St. Jude later
Creating a charitable gift annuity with St. Jude makes you eligible to become a member of the Danny Thomas – St. Jude Society. This honor includes:
- a personalized plaque on our Legacy Wall located in the hospital
- inclusion in our annual publication of the Danny Thomas – St. Jude Society member listing
- an invitation to our annual Spring event at the hospital
- invitations to donor appreciation luncheons in your area
Please request more information about your gift options or call (800) 395-1087 and let us assist you with every step. You can also:
Donors like you are using charitable gift annuities to provide for themselves and the kids of St. Jude. Read our donor stories.