Starting in 2018, St. Jude will be home of the blues—BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee! BlueCross will replace CoreSource as the medical plan administrator. Also, BlueCross working with Health Equity will administer Flexible Spending Accounts.
Our new partnership brings new benefits
- Broader network includes Baptist Healthcare (in addition to Methodist and St. Francis)
- Call 1-800-973-0613 to find out if your provider is in the network. Choose Network P.
- Access to new international network that includes more than 200 countries.
- Medical plan advocate onsite weekly to help employees navigate plans and the claims process.
- PhysicianNow—new telehealth benefit; 24/7 access to an MD; $15 copay. Doctors can diagnose symptoms and write prescriptions. Use PhysicianNow for:
- Cold and flu
- Sinus infections
- Respiratory issues
- Skin conditions (rashes or insect bites)
- Sore throat
- Urinary tract infections
- Common pediatric conditions include: cold and flu; constipation; ear aches; diarrhea; nausea and vomiting; and pinkeye.
More details about this benefit, including the registration process and the scope of services, will be available soon.
- BlueCross/Health Equity will also administer Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
- Medical plan ID cards
- Use the CoreSource ID card through December 31.
- Use the new BlueCross card starting January 1. You will need to give your provider the new card on your first visit in 2018 to ensure claims are filed properly and to avoid payment delays (providers are not automatically notified).
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Use CoreSource (MyWexHealth) card through December 31. You have until March 31, 2018, to submit 2017 claims to CoreSource.
- Use BlueCross/Health Equity card starting in January 2018.
In January, employees on the medical plan can begin logging into the BlueCross portal—called BlueAccess—to see claims information [Explanation of Benefits(EOBs)] and other medical plan resources.