Key Facts about Magnet Status:
- Only about 7% of hospitals in the United States receive Magnet status.
- We are one of only 433 Magnet hospitals in the nation and 7 in Tennessee.
- Achieving Magnet status demonstrates that St. Jude has excellent patient care, safety and satisfaction; attracts and retains top nursing talent; and has a collaborative culture among its nursing staff.
Key Facts about Nursing at St. Jude:
- We have more than 670 nurses working in 32 departments.
- About 450 of those nurses work in direct patient care.
- Overall nurse-to-patient ratio: 1:3
- ICU nurse-to-patient ratio: 1:1
- Number of weeks new nurses attend orientation: 10-12
- Percentage of RNs with baccalaureate or higher degree: 78% (national average is 55%)
- Overall national certification rates for the nursing department: 54%
You are the leaders who set the pace for what pediatric hematology/oncology care needs to be, and I could not be more thankful.