An invitation for new nurse graduates
If you have recently graduated or are within two months of graduating from nursing school, St. Jude invites you to apply for a Pediatric Oncology Nurse positions in St. Jude Children's Research Hospital inpatient areas.
Tips for applying
- Students should read the job description of each posting to identify the area specified in the of the Pediatric Oncology Nurse opening.
- New graduate nurses are hired for inpatient areas (Leukemia, Solid Tumor, ICU, and Bone Marrow Transplant). Please note: Inpatient positions are not limited to new graduate nurses.
- If an inpatient opportunity is identified, please apply. Students are encouraged to start the application process two months prior to graduation.
- Resumes and cover letters are not required, but are encouraged.
- You can sign up for nursing job alerts by becoming a St. Jude Career Insider. The system will send an email featuring new nursing positions posted to our external website. To use the job alerts, you must first create a user name and password.
What to expect
- New graduates are typically hired for night shift positions.
The Pediatric Oncology Nurse is the primary care coordinator of interdisciplinary patient care activities and is responsible for the management of patients throughout their continuum of care at St. Jude. He/she is responsible and accountable for high quality patient care through implementation of the nursing process including assessment of patient needs (physical, psychosocial, educational), design of a collaborative plan of care, implementation of the plan with appropriate delegation of tasks, coordination of team effort, and evaluation of patient progress towards outcomes. The nurse acts as a patient/family advocate, and seeks opportunities to communicate and coordinate patient care activities throughout the continuum in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
- Graduation from a school of nursing required
- RN required (within 6 months of hire for new graduates)
- BSN preferred
- Experience in pediatric or oncology nursing preferred
- Strong clinical nursing, interpersonal, and patient education skills
- Licensure: To find out more information about participating compact states, visit www.ncsbn.org.