St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital encourages all nurses to continue to learn and to develop themselves as well as their skills. Furthermore, Continuing Education is a requirement for obtaining and maintaining a certification. Thus, St. Jude maintains its status as an approved provider of Nursing Continuing Education.
St. Jude’s Nursing Education Department provides continuing education for staff nurses on a routine basis and collaborates with other nursing areas to provide continuing education for nurses who do not have direct patient care roles. Additionally, the department collaborates with the Shared Decision Making Professional Excellence Council to offer the annual Bettye Arnold Seminar, which features nationally known speakers.
Our most frequent courses include:
- The Critical Care of the Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Patient Series
- The Solid Tumor/Neuro Onc Nursing Course
- The Venipuncture Course
- Stem Cell Transplant – Basics and Advanced
- The APHON Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Course
- The ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Course
- The Essentials of Precepting Workshop
- CPHON Exam Preparation
- Pediatric Nursing Certification Exam preparation
- ACLS course
- PALS course
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Tennessee Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.