LifeCare® Work/Life Balance
Trying to manage daily responsibilities and life events can be a real challenge at times. Fortunately, there’s LifeCare, which gives you the valuable and timely knowledge you need to manage your daily life, including information on parenting, adult care, health and wellness, stress management and financial services.
- 24/7 online access to a 60,000 page Web site
- Customized, confidential Resource Center on Web site
- Toll-free number with referral services
- On-site monthly workshops
- Special interest blogs, podcasts and on-line seminars
- Employee discounts via the online discount center
To access LifeCare® on the web:
- Visit http://www.lifecare.com
- New Users: click the “NEW USERS CLICK HERE” link at the top right of the page in the Member Login box.
- When prompted for a Registration Code, please enter: stjude
- When prompted for a Member ID, please enter: your employee number
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the one-time registration form and set up new password.
Hyatt Group Legal Plan from MetLaw
(Must enroll during annual Open Enrollment)
The St. Jude Group Legal Plan is administered by MetLife’s Hyatt Legal Plans and provides telephone and office consultations for many personal legal issues. So, even if you are not sure you need legal representation, or if you need guidance with a legal matter not covered by the plan, the plan can cover the initial consultation at no cost to you.
- Network of attorneys from 4,400 participating law firms—48 from the area.
- In-network attorney—all covered services are provided through an $8.25 payroll deduction per pay period.
- Out-of-network attorney—reimbursement is based on a negotiated fee schedule.
Legal matters covered under the plan
- Preparation of wills and trusts: wills, living trusts, power of attorneys, living wills
- Real estate matters: home sale/purchase, refinancing, tenant negotiation, boundary title disputes, property tax assessments, zoning applications, home equity loans
- Financial matters: negotiation with creditors, debt collection defense, personal bankruptcy, identify theft, tax audit representations
- Document preparation: affidavits, deeds, demand letters, mortgages, notes/review of personal legal documents
- Traffic offenses: defense of traffic tickets except DUI, driving privileges restoration (includes license suspension due to DUI)
- Family law matters: adoption, guardianship, name change, premarital agreements
- Defense of civil lawsuits: administrative hearings, civil litigation defense, incompetence defense, school hearings, pet liabilities
- Juvenile matters: juvenile court defense, including criminal matters
- Consumer protections: disputes over consumer goods and services, small claims assistance
Employee Assistance Program
St. Jude offers employees an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), which is a professional counseling service, free of charge.
Administered by Methodist, the EAP provides confidential counseling when dealing with difficult personal and emotional problems. Examples of problems with which the EAP can help:
- Family issues
- Marital and relationship difficulties
- Alcohol and drug abuse/dependency
- Anxiety or depression
- Gambling problems or other addictions
- Coping with life events, such as loss of a job, relocation and serious illness
- Grieving the loss of a loved one
- Coping with violence
- Managing stress
Eligible dependents (legal spouses and legally dependent children up to age 19 or to age 25 if the child is enrolled as a fulltime student in college) may also use the EAP. There is no age limit for a child who is permanently mentally or physically disabled who is also a legal dependent.
You are not required to be enrolled in any other St. Jude benefit plan (including the medical plan) to take advantage of the EAP. You or your eligible family members can make an appointment by calling 901-683-5658 or toll free (if outside of Memphis) at 1-800-880-5658.
Tobacco Cessation Program
The St. Jude Tobacco Cessation Program helps smokers and tobacco users kick the habit.
- Employees and dependents can call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) daily from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. CST. The program provides participants with unlimited in-bound calls with a health coach.
- Employees and dependents can take part in free Group Sessions offered through a partnership with the American Lung Association.
- Select prescription drugs and prescribed over-the-counter smoking cessation products are covered through the St. Jude Prescription Drug Plan.
Emergency Evacuation Coverage from Europ Assistance
St. Jude offers emergency evacuation coverage when traveling internationally for business purposes. You can visit the St. Jude Travel Office intranet site for details, as well as a link to the ID card that you can carry with you. If you need assistance from Europ Assistance you must call 1-877-297-4225; St. Jude does not have access to their online services.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Flexible spending accounts help you pay for certain health care and dependent care expenses that are not covered by the medical, dental or vision plans—copays, coinsurance and amounts above benefit maximums to name a few. Likewise, many people have regular daycare expenses for dependent children.
Both the health care and dependent care spending accounts are administered by CoreSource. These flexible spending accounts provide tax advantages by letting you set aside pre-tax dollars to pay certain health care and dependent care expenses.
Disaster preparedness for you and your family
Families can cope with disaster by preparing in advance and working together as a team. Create a family disaster plan including a communication plan, disaster supplies kit and an evacuation plan. Knowing what to do is your best protection and your responsibility. Learn more about preparing for disaster.
Everest Funeral Planning and Concierge Service
24/7 funeral planning assistance, online local funeral home price comparisons, online planning tools and negotiating services. Visit thehartford.com/funeral-planning or call 1-866-854-5429 for assistance.
Hartford Employee Travel Assistance Program
The Hartford’s Travel Assistance program provides three kinds of services for your business or vacation travels – PreTrip Information, Emergency Medical Assistance and Emergency Personal Services.
Hartford Identity Protection Program
Program—offered at no cost to St. Jude employees—offering professional fraud support to victims of identity theft. Read the Hartford Identify Protection brochure.
St. Jude will reimburse eligible employees up to $5,000 in eligible adoption expenses. Visit the MYBenefits portal (mybenefits.stjude.org; login required) to learn more about eligibility, which expenses qualify and how to apply.
Privacy Armor Plus Identity Theft Protection Insurance
Comprehensive identity theft protection program, offering ID monitoring; credit report and credit score monitoring (from 3 credit agencies); $1,000,0000 ID theft insurance policy; social media monitoring; and advocacy/remediation. St. Jude will pay half the cost for employee coverage. Employees pay $5/month for employee only coverage or $13/month for family coverage.