Living Well promotes early intervention, particularly in the areas of reducing health risk factors, managing disease, stopping tobacco use and reducing repetitive stress and back injuries.
Program highlights: Employee wellness fairs, health screenings, Tobacco Cessation Program, workshops addressing “aches and pains.”
The St. Jude Tobacco Cessation Program helps smokers and tobacco users kick the habit.
- Employees and dependents can call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) daily from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. CST. The program provides participants with unlimited in-bound calls with a health coach.
- Employees and dependents can take part in free Group Sessions offered through a partnership with the American Lung Association.
- Select prescription drugs and prescribed over-the-counter smoking cessation products are covered through the St. Jude Prescription Drug Plan.
St. Jude Tobacco Cessation Group Sessions
St. Jude is partnering with the American Lung Association to offer free tobacco cessation group sessions to St. Jude and Children’s GMP employees, as well as to employees’ dependents.
- The eight-session program is led by an American Lung Association certified clinic facilitator. Sessions are offered several times throughout the year.
- The behavior-oriented program is focused on group interaction and support.
- Participants will learn how to create a personalized plan to overcome tobacco addiction to start enjoying the benefits of better health.
St. Jude Prescription Drug Plan
The St. Jude Prescription Drug Plan covers prescribed over-the-counter tobacco cessation products, as well as select prescription tobacco cessation products including medications like Chantix, Zyban/bupropion, Nicotrol NS inhaler and Nicotrol inhaler. Employees must obtain a prescription for over-the-counter products from his or her physician.
Prescriptions can be filled through any participating Caremark pharmacy provider or by using the Caremark Mail Order for a 31-day supply. (Note: Three-month supplies are not available for retail or mail order tobacco cessation products. You can refill your prescription for additional 31-day supplies if necessary.)
Need more information?
Members of the Human Resources Benefits team are always glad to answer your questions. If you want to know more about any of St. Jude’s Tobacco Cessation Programs, please call 595-6246.
You can also call Caremark, St. Jude’s Pharmacy Benefit Manager, for questions about any prescription or over-the-counter drugs. The Caremark customer service number is 1-800-213-0879. Prescriptions can be filled through any participating Caremark pharmacy provider or by using the Caremark mail order form for a 31-day supply.