Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex (also called Feiba VH®) is used to help manage bleeding disorders. It is available as a clear liquid given by vein (IV).
Possible side effects
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Wheezing or cough
- Shortness of breath
- Flushing or dizziness
- Fever or chills
- Dark-colored urine
- Black stool
- Yellowing of skin or eyes
- Nausea and vomiting
- Redness, pain, or swelling where the needle was placed
- Unusual bleeding, bruising, or weakness
These are the most common side effects, but there may be others. Please report all side effects to your doctor or nurse.
In case of a severe side effect or reaction, call the doctor, nurse, or pharmacist at 595-3300. If you are outside the Memphis area, dial toll-free 1-866-2STJUDE (1-866-278-5833), and press 0 once the call is connected.
- Store this medicine in the refrigerator. Do not freeze it. It may also be stored at room temperature for up to 6 months. Be sure to write the date the product was placed at room temperature in the space provided on the outer carton.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiration date.
- You will be taught how to give your medicine at home. Make sure you understand all instructions before giving yourself an injection.
- Try not to miss a dose. If possible, have other family members trained to give your treatment in case you cannot give it to yourself. If you miss a dose, ask your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist for instructions.
- This medicine is a powder that must be mixed with sterile water before you use it.
- The sterile water should come in the same package as the medicine.
- Let both the powdered medicine and the sterile water warm to room temperature before mixing them together.
- Swirl gently; do not shake vigorously.
- If you cannot use the medicine right after mixing it, you can store it at room temperature. You must use the medicine within 3 hours of mixing.
- Use a new needle and syringe each time you inject this medicine.
- Throw away used needles in a patient sharps container (hard, closed container that needles cannot poke through). Keep this container away from children. Refer to handout called “Do you know… How to throw away sharp objects safely.”
- Do not use the medicine after the expiration date has passed. Throw away medicine, containers, and other supplies in the trash after using them.
This document is not intended to take the place of the care and attention of your personal physician or other professional medical services. Our aim is to promote active participation in your care and treatment by providing information and education. Questions about individual health concerns or specific treatment options should be discussed with your physician.
St. Jude complies with health care-related federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
ATTENTION: If you speak another language, assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).
1-866-278-5833 تنبيه: إذا كنت تتحدث بلغة أخرى، فيمكنك الاستعانة بخدمات المساعدة اللغوية المتوفرة لك بالمجان. يرجى الاتصال بالرقم
.(1-901-595-1040 :الهاتف النصي)