Baclofen (also known as Lioresal®) is a medicine that helps relax muscles and prevent muscle spasms. It is available as a 10 mg tablet and an oral liquid suspension made by the pharmacy. Both are taken by mouth.
How to take and store baclofen
- Baclofen may be taken on an empty or full stomach.
- Store tablets at room temperature, away from heat and moisture.
- Store the liquid suspension in the refrigerator. Shake well before you take the medicine. Do not use after the expiration date printed on the label.
Possible side effects
- Feeling sleepy
- Rash, itching
These are the most common side effects, but there may be others. Please report all side effects to the doctor or nurse.
In case of a severe side effect or reaction, call the doctor, nurse, or pharmacist at 901-595-3300. If you are outside the Memphis area, dial toll-free 1-866-2STJUDE (1-866-278-5833), and press 0 once the call is connected.
- This medicine may cause you to feel dizzy or drowsy. Do not operate heavy equipment or drive a motor vehicle until you see how this medicine will affect you.
- If you take other pain medications, they can increase the sleepy feeling you get with baclofen.
- After you begin taking baclofen to help your pain, it may take 3 to 5 days for it to start working. Do not stop taking any other medicines prescribed for pain until your doctor tells you to do so.
This document is not intended to take the place of the care and attention of your personal physician or other professional medical services. Our aim is to promote active participation in your care and treatment by providing information and education. Questions about individual health concerns or specific treatment options should be discussed with your physician.
St. Jude complies with health care-related federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
ATTENTION: If you speak another language, assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).
1-866-278-5833 تنبيه: إذا كنت تتحدث بلغة أخرى، فيمكنك الاستعانة بخدمات المساعدة اللغوية المتوفرة لك بالمجان. يرجى الاتصال بالرقم
.(1-901-595-1040 :الهاتف النصي)