HopeNet is a free St. Jude service that gives you secure, wireless access to internet services such as web browsing and email from anywhere on campus. This includes Tri Delta Place and Target House I and II.
Free wireless access
To use HopeNet, you must have a computer, laptop, smartphone, or device with wireless access. Using HopeNet is simple:
- Open the wireless connection feature on your device.
- Select the HopeNet wireless network.
Third-party VPN access
If you use a VPN (virtual private network) for remote access on your computer, it should work on HopeNet. Many companies use VPNs so that employees can work outside the office. St. Jude cannot provide support for your company VPN. Please contact your VPN support or help desk if needed.
Rules for using HopeNet
St. Jude Information Services monitors activity on all computers using HopeNet. This includes personal laptops and St. Jude computers. By using HopeNet, you agree that you will not:
- Take part in illegal or harmful conduct
- View, store, or send offensive, obscene, defamatory, or copyrighted material
- View, store, send, record, or edit any kind of sexually explicit image or document
- Annoy or harass anyone
- Attempt to obtain unauthorized access to any computer system
St. Jude has the right to restrict or end your access to HopeNet at any time if you break this agreement.
Protect yourself online
St. Jude provides security measures on HopeNet. Even so, your device can be exposed to viruses and other threats while using HopeNet. St. Jude cannot and will not be responsible for damages that result from incorrect or incomplete security settings or lack of proper, up-to-date virus protection. Help protect your device while using HopeNet and other network services by:
- ·Making sure you have up-to-date antivirus software installed
- Using an up-to-date web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
- Updating your operating system and applications regularly
- Enabling privacy and security settings in your web browser
- Being wary of pop-ups when surfing the web
- Being wary of suspicious emails
Help with HopeNet
If you need help using HopeNet, please call the St. Jude Help Desk at 901-595-2000 (extension 2000 if you are in the hospital).
How to borrow equipment
If you need to borrow an iPad, laptop, or headphones during your time on campus, the hospital’s TechShare program/Family Resource Center can help.
- Visit the Family Resource Center desk. It is in the north lobby of the Patient Care Center (PCC) between the Leukemia and Lymphoma Clinic and the Infusion Center (also known as the Medicine Room).
- Devices are available on a first-come, first-served basis weekdays from 8:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Patients or caregivers 18 years and older can check out the devices.
- Use the items only while you are on campus. The items must remain on campus at all times.
- The devices have tools to support people with hearing or visual impairments.
The center also offers copy, printing, faxing, and scanning services.
- HopeNet gives patients and families free, secure internet access from anywhere on the St. Jude campus.
- To use HopeNet, you must have your own computer, laptop, smartphone, or device with wireless access.
- Visitors and guests may also use the HopeNet network.
- You can check out devices through the TechShare program/Family Resource Center.
This document is not intended to take the place of the care and attention of your personal physician or other professional medical services. Our aim is to promote active participation in your care and treatment by providing information and education. Questions about individual health concerns or specific treatment options should be discussed with your physician.
St. Jude complies with health care-related federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
ATTENTION: If you speak another language, assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).
تنبيه: إذا كنت تتحدث باللغة العربية فيمكنك الاستعانة بخدمات المساعدة اللغوية المتوفرة لك مجانا. .يرجى الاتصال بالرقم. 5833-278-866-1 (الهاتف النصي: 1040-595-901-1).