All of the primary clinics are closed on weekends, holidays, and after 5 p.m. on weekdays. When patients need medical care during those times, staff members are ready to help.
Medical care includes planned follow-up lab work and exams or urgent care as needed.
If you arrive on a weekend or a holiday, 7:30 a.m.–10 p.m., or on a weekday after 5 p.m.:
- Check-in at Patient Registration.
- Your child will receive a patient identification (ID) armband and a schedule card if the visit was planned ahead of time.
- If your child’s visit was not planned, please tell the Patient Registration staff.
- After you register your child, the staff will direct you to either Assessment and Triage or the Medicine Room for vital signs and to have samples taken for lab work.
- If you have not already signed in with the Medicine Room please do so. This will let the Medicine Room staff know that your child is in the hospital and needs to be seen.
- When it is time for your child’s visit, you will hear his named called on the overhead speaker or get a call on your cell phone. Take him to the Medicine Room. If your child only needs lab work and is not having an exam, you may be able to return to your hotel or home. The staff can call you later with the results. Ask your Medicine Room nurse about this option.
If you arrive after 10 p.m., on a weekend, holiday, or weekday:
You will be greeted at the front desk by a security guard. The guard will call the Medicine Room staff to let them know you have arrived. Then, you will be directed to the Medicine Room or be escorted to the unit so your child can receive care.
If your child might have an illness that can spread to others:
If you think your child might have been exposed to an illness that could spread to other patients, please call before coming to the hospital. Call 901-495-3300 and ask for the nursing coordinator. If you are outside the Memphis area, dial toll-free 1-866-2STJUDE (1-866-278-5833). Your child might need to have an isolation visit. To learn more about isolation, see "Do you know... ACU isolation to help prevent infection."
This document is not intended to take the place of the care and attention of your personal physician or other professional medical services. Our aim is to promote active participation in your care and treatment by providing information and education. Questions about individual health concerns or specific treatment options should be discussed with your physician.
St. Jude complies with health care-related federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
ATTENTION: If you speak another language, assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).
تنبيه: إذا كنت تتحدث باللغة العربية فيمكنك الاستعانة بخدمات المساعدة اللغوية المتوفرة لك مجانا. .يرجى الاتصال بالرقم. 5833-278-866-1 (الهاتف النصي: 1040-595-901-1).