Who to call? When to phone?
- Your child’s nurse case manager is Vicky Parker.
- Your child’s primary clinic is the Bleeding Disorders Clinic, located in H Clinic 901-595-5041.
- Your child’s primary clinic day is Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You must have a scheduled appointment for your child to be seen in the clinic. Please call to make an appointment at 901-595-5678.
You may call the clinic phone number during regular office hours: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Your child’s clinic phone number is 901-595-5041
When you have concerns
If you have concerns, during regular office hours (8 a.m. and 5 p.m.), call the nurse case manager. If you have concerns after hours or on holidays, call the St. Jude operator and ask for the hematologist on call.
- The main St. Jude number is 901-595-3300.
- The toll-free number for St. Jude is 1-866-2STJUDE (1-866-278-5833).
Call if any of the following describes your child:
- Injury to the head
- Scheduled for surgery, tooth extraction, or other dental work.
- Has bleeding that is not controlled by regular home treatment. It may include one or more of these symptoms:
- Child falls asleep and you cannot wake him
- Joint pain
- Warmth or swelling at the site of bleed that persists after treating a bleed
Facts to know before calling
If you call during or after office hours, you may be asked questions about these facts:
- Your child’s diagnosis
- Your child’s hospital ID number
- The current problem and how long it has lasted
- What medicines your child is taking, including dosages
- Any extra treatment products taken recently for problems or for a research study
Inpatient and emergency care
If your child needs inpatient hospital care while under treatment at St. Jude, he will be admitted to LeBonheur Children’s Hospital. LeBonheur is located at 50 N. Dunlap St., Memphis, Tenn. 38103. The main telephone number for LeBonheur is 901-287-KIDS (901-287-5437). See the handout “Do you know… LeBonheur Children’s Hospital” for more details.
Please keep in mind that St. Jude has no emergency room. For all local emergencies, you should take your child to the LeBonheur Children’s Hospital Emergency Department.
This document is not intended to take the place of the care and attention of your personal physician or other professional medical services. Our aim is to promote active participation in your care and treatment by providing information and education. Questions about individual health concerns or specific treatment options should be discussed with your physician.
St. Jude complies with health care-related federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
ATTENTION: If you speak another language, assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).
تنبيه: إذا كنت تتحدث باللغة العربية فيمكنك الاستعانة بخدمات المساعدة اللغوية المتوفرة لك مجانا. .يرجى الاتصال بالرقم. 5833-278-866-1 (الهاتف النصي: 1040-595-901-1).