St. Jude staff members know that there are many events during treatment that patients and their families may wish to photograph or record on a cell phone or smart phone, such as an iPhone® or Android®. To protect the health, safety and privacy of you, your child and all St. Jude patients, please follow the hospital’s guidelines for photographing, videotaping, or audiotaping by patients and family members. These rules are in place to ensure the best environment for patient care. If you have a question about one of these rules, please ask a St. Jude staff member.
When can I take pictures and make recordings?
- Patients and family members may not photograph or record any medical care being given to the patient because it may interfere with the safety and health of you or your child. However, we understand that there are important events during treatment that your family should be able to celebrate and share. So the following events may be photographed or recorded:
- Stem cell infusion
- First and last day of chemotherapy
- Birthdays, and
- Special patient events (such as Halloween or graduation days)
- Patients and family members are never allowed to take photos or make recordings in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). A patient family might be given oral or written permission by the attending doctor or nursing coordinator to take certain still photos in the ICU.
- St. Jude staff members may not, at a patient’s or family member’s request, use any device to record medical care being given to the patient.
What can I take pictures of and make recordings of?
- Patients and their family members are welcome to take photos and make recordings of themselves or their children while at St. Jude. However, you must always respect the privacy of other patients, their family members, and St. Jude staff members. Please do not take photos or recordings of anyone without their permission.
- St. Jude staff members may refuse to be in any recordings or photographs, and they are not allowed to take part in recorded interviews about a patient’s care or treatment.
- St. Jude staff members may ask you or your family members to delete your photos or recording or to stop the use of any device if he or she believes that it would interfere with patient care or would violate someone’s privacy.
This document is not intended to take the place of the care and attention of your personal physician or other professional medical services. Our aim is to promote active participation in your care and treatment by providing information and education. Questions about individual health concerns or specific treatment options should be discussed with your physician.
St. Jude complies with health care-related federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
ATTENTION: If you speak another language, assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).
تنبيه: إذا كنت تتحدث باللغة العربية فيمكنك الاستعانة بخدمات المساعدة اللغوية المتوفرة لك مجانا. .يرجى الاتصال بالرقم. 5833-278-866-1 (الهاتف النصي: 1040-595-901-1).