Follow these steps to use the CADD Pump for giving TPN.
- Place new battery into pump. Pump will go through self-test procedure and automatic review. When pump displays “Power Up Successful” it will then go to the “STOPPED” screen.
- Attach new cassette. If not ready to attach cassette skip to number 7.
- Pump will display “Admin. Set latched. Upstream sensor on.” Press “Next” to continue.
- The pump displays “Prime Tubing.” Press “N”.
- The pump displays “AutoLock not in use. Change Lock Level from LL0?” Press “N”.
- “Start the Pump?” Press “N”.
- Screen will display “STOPPED” screen. Press “Next” to continue.
- “Reservoir Volume” will be displayed. Press the “Y” or “N” buttons to set the amount of fluid in the bag, then press “Enter”. (The “Y” and “N” buttons allow you to scroll up and down until you find the right number.)
- “Infusion Volume” will be displayed. Press the “Y” or “N” buttons to set the amount of fluid to be given, then press “Enter”.
- Screen will display “Infusion Profile has been Set” or “Reset” (if changes were made).
- “Infusion Period” will be displayed. Press the “Y” or “N” buttons to set the total time of the infusion (from start to finish), then press “Enter”.
- “Taper-Up Period” will be displayed. Press the “Y” or “N” buttons to set the time of the up-ramp, then press “Enter”. If no up-ramp is being used just press “Enter”.
- “Taper-Down Period” will be displayed. Press the “Y” or “N” buttons to set the time of the down-ramp, then press “Enter”. If no down-ramp is being used just press “Enter”.
- “Plateau Rate” will be displayed along with the KVO rate. Press “Next”.
- “Milliliters Given” will be displayed. When hanging a new bag, press “Enter” to clear even if “0.0 ml” is displayed; this resets the amount given and the time/date.
- At the “Stopped” screen, you may connect tubing to the patient and begin infusion. See “Do You Know…..TPN Steps for Home Use – Cycled, CADD pump” or “Do You Know… TPN Steps for Home Use – Continuous, CADD pump.”
- To start the pump, press the “Stop/Start” button, the screen will display “Start Pump?” Press “Y”.
- Screen will display “Starting Pump” and will scroll through a review of the program. Once the pump starts running, the green light at the top of the pump will blink every three seconds. The screen will display “Running” with an arrow pointing up for tapering up. If no taper up is programmed, the arrow will point right for plateau rate.
- The pump screen will go blank after 60 seconds to conserve battery power. You may press any button to return display to screen.
If you have questions about this process for programming the CADD pump for cycled or continuous TPN, please talk to your child’s home infusion nurse.
This document is not intended to take the place of the care and attention of your personal physician or other professional medical services. Our aim is to promote active participation in your care and treatment by providing information and education. Questions about individual health concerns or specific treatment options should be discussed with your physician.
St. Jude complies with health care-related federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
ATTENTION: If you speak another language, assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).
1-866-278-5833 تنبيه: إذا كنت تتحدث بلغة أخرى، فيمكنك الاستعانة بخدمات المساعدة اللغوية المتوفرة لك بالمجان. يرجى الاتصال بالرقم
.(1-901-595-1040 :الهاتف النصي)