Language falls into two main divisions: receptive language (understanding what is said, written or signed); and expressive language (speaking, writing or signing).
Standardized assessments frequently used to assess language include:
- Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals Screening Test
- Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals
- Early Language Milestone Scale-2
- Expressive Vocabulary Test
- Preschool Language Scale-3
- Rosetti Infant Toddler Language Scale
- Test for Auditory Comprehension of Language 3rd Ed
- Test of Word Finding 2nd Ed.
- Test of Adolescent/Adult Word Finding
- Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test - III