What is a concierge service?
A concierge (con-see-AIR-zh) service helps you get everyday and extra activities done. You might already know about these services from staying in some hotels. A hospital concierge service can help with many non-medical tasks. This handout tells you about these services.
Concierge service at St. Jude
St. Jude has a concierge service for patient families. We can help you arrange, plan, or organize anything you do not have time for. For example, we can:
- Help you with everyday tasks, such as mailing packages,
- Do errands and shopping, and
- Help you plan events, such as a day of sightseeing, a birthday party, or another occasion.
Using a concierge service can help you spend more time with your child and other family members. It can also give you more time to take care of activities related to your child’s illness and medical care, such as talking with the doctor or learning to care for your child at home.
Services at St. Jude from Best Upon Request
A national company called Best Upon Request provides the concierge service at St. Jude.
What services does BEST offer?
BEST services include:
- Doing errands,
- Ordering and picking up tickets,
- Preparing and mailing packages,
- Helping you get food deliveries,
- Taking and picking up laundry or dry cleaning, and
- Other non-medical tasks.
Who may use the BEST service?
All families of St. Jude patients may use the BEST service.
How do I schedule BEST service?
Come to the BEST desk, located at the North Reception Desk of the Patient Care Center, near the Medicine Room. The desk is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. A BEST representative will be happy to talk with you about your needs.
You can also call the BEST team at (901) 595-4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can give you a list of services available.
Services BEST does not provide
BEST representatives cannot:
- Help you take care of your sick child,
- Take care of other children,
- Get medical equipment for you or help you use it,
- Drive you or your family anywhere,
- Take your pets anywhere, or
- Pick up prescription medicines for a patient.
Just ask a BEST representative if we provide a certain service. If we do not, we might be able to help you find other help. This might include a list of companies that can provide the service.
Can I ask BEST about my child’s medical care?
No. BEST is only for non-medical services. If you have questions about your child’s care, ask the doctor or nurse. If you still have questions or concerns, please ask to speak with a nursing coordinator or call the St. Jude Patient Relations Coordinator at (901) 595-8383.
How much does BEST charge?
The concierge service at St. Jude is free. You only pay for your goods or services. For example, if a BEST representative helps you prepare and mail packages, you pay for the postage, just as if you took it to the post office yourself.
And please, no tipping. It is our pleasure to help you.
Does BEST keep our personal information private?
Yes, unless there is a legal reason to share it.
How to sign up
You need to sign up to use the BEST service. We also need information to pay for items BEST gets for you, such as groceries. Please follow these steps.
- Go to https://bestuponrequest.formstack.com/forms/st_jude
- Check your email for a link with instructions to give us payment information. This is a credit card we keep on file. If you want to pay with cash, please let us know. Remember, the BEST representative’s service is always free. You only pay for the goods and services BEST gets for you.
- Start using BEST when you finish these steps.
What if I have a problem with the BEST service?
Talk to a representative at the BEST desk, call us at (901) 595-4000, or email email@example.com.
If you still have questions or concerns, please call the Director of Family, Guest and Volunteer Services at (901) 595-2277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have to use BEST?
No. BEST is for your convenience, but you do not have to use this service.
Does St. Jude supervise BEST employees?
No. BEST is separate from St. Jude. St. Jude does not supervise BEST representatives.
Does St. Jude supervise the companies BEST uses?
BEST works with many different businesses, such as stores, dry cleaners, and more. St. Jude does not supervise these businesses and is not responsible for their actions.
If you have questions about the BEST concierge service at St. Jude, please call us at (901) 595-4000. You may also talk to your child’s doctor, nurse, or another member of the health care team about whether using a concierge service could help you and your child.