Skip to main content


Financial assistance for growth hormone products


Cancer and cancer treatment can affect your child’s growth. Your child might need medicines called “growth hormone products.” You or your child must give these medicines as an injection (shot) each day, and treatment can last several years. Like many other medicines, growth hormone products are expensive.

Many insurance companies pay for your child’s growth hormone medicine or part of it. Your case manager will help you do the paperwork your insurance company needs. However, growth hormone products might still cost you something. This information is about programs that can help with the cost.

Programs to help pay for growth hormone products

You have many options if you need help paying for growth hormone products. Here is some basic information on programs that help.

  • Most of the time, you can get help if you have health insurance. You do not qualify if you have federal or state health insurance, such as Medicaid or Tricare.
  • Each program has its own requirements. You must meet these to qualify for help.
  • Every program is different and pays a different amount.
  • You might need to apply for a program every year if you still need help.

Is financial assistance always available?

Not necessarily. These groups only have a certain amount of money each year. No more is available after it is gone. So, you have the best chance of getting help if you apply early each year, for as long as your child needs growth hormone products.

Programs for specific growth hormone products 

Your child’s doctor is the best person to choose the medicine for your child’s needs. Your child should not take a different type of growth hormone product unless the doctor prescribes it. Only look for programs on this list that pay for your child’s current medicines.

Medication Manufacturer Type of assistance Options for underinsured Contact Information


Up to $5000 per year for co-pay, deductible, and coinsurance costs Yes


Humatrope Eli Lilly $2400 per year co-pay assistance Unknown


Nordatropin Novo Nordisk

Up to $3000 a year for co-pay assistance

Up to $4000 a year for  coinsurance assistance



Nutropin Genentech Up to $5000 a year for co-pay costs Unknown


Omnitrope Sandoz Up to $5000 a year for co-pay assistance Unknown


Saizen EMD Serono Up to $2400 a year for co-pay assistance Yes


Zomacton Ferring Up to $6000 a year for co-pay or coinsurance assistance Yes

Other financial assistance programs

The HealthWell Foundation

Provides assistance with health insurance premiums and many out-of-pocket expenses. You must meet specific income requirements. Choose “Disease Fund” and then “Pediatric Assistance” or call 800-675-8416.

Partnership for Prescription Assistance

Helps people with no health insurance or not enough insurance find prescription medicines for free or nearly free.

Good Day Fund

Helps with the cost of insurance premiums and travel for health care. Choose “Patients” or call 877-968-7233.

United Healthcare Children’s Foundation

Provides medical grants for children younger than 16 to assist with health services not covered by insurance, or not fully covered., or call 855-698-4223.


Your case manager is the person to ask about growth hormone treatment and insurance issues. You might also talk with someone from the company that makes your child’s growth hormone.

Please call the Endocrine clinic office at 901-595-3824 if your child has a reaction to their medicine or your insurance changes. Your child’s doctor might prescribe a different medicine or dose if these things happen.

If you have questions about health insurance terms, such as co-pay or co-insurance, visit


This document is not intended to take the place of the care and attention of your personal physician or other professional medical services. Our aim is to promote active participation in your care and treatment by providing information and education. Questions about individual health concerns or specific treatment options should be discussed with your physician.

St. Jude complies with health care-related federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.

ATTENTION: If you speak another language, assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).

ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).

تنبيه: إذا كنت تتحدث باللغة العربية فيمكنك الاستعانة بخدمات المساعدة اللغوية المتوفرة لك مجانا. .يرجى الاتصال بالرقم. 5833-278-866-1  (الهاتف النصي: 1040-595-901-1).