There may be times when your child will need to be admitted to Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital. The following details will help make your time at Le Bonheur easier for you and your family.
Going to Le Bonheur
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital will transport you and your child by shuttle to Le Bonheur (one round trip each day per family). Call St. Jude Patient Care Services at 901-595-4501 to arrange your shuttle pickups.
- If your family is not already receiving a grocery store gift card, St. Jude will provide help with meals for the patient and one (1) parent while you are at Le Bonheur. Call St. Jude Patient Care Services at 901-595-4501 for details.
While at Le Bonheur
- Parking at Le Bonheur is free for all family members and guests. You may park either in the front lot at 850 Poplar or in the Physicians Office Building Parking Garage and rear lot on Washington Avenue. If you park in the garage or POB lot, take your parking ticket to the welcome desk in Le Bonheur’s main lobby to ensure free parking. A staff member will present you with a token in exchange for your parking ticket. Place the token in the token machine to exit the parking lot. Only one token will be issued. If your token is lost, you will be responsible for paying a $20 charge.
- Parents may stay with their child overnight in the room. All patient rooms are private and equipped with sleeping space for 2 family members. Le Bonheur Children’s also has a supervised playroom for siblings of patients. Talk to the child life specialist on your child’s unit for details.
- Visitors are welcome 5 a.m.–10 p.m. Parents may stay with their children 24 hours a day.
- Washers and dryers are available to parents 24 hours a day. Talk to your child’s Le Bonheur nurse for location and soap. Each floor is also equipped with a Family Room, which houses a microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, and other resources. Fully-stocked playrooms are available on every floor.
Housing at St. Jude (common patient concerns)
- St. Jude families do not lose their housing placements while at Le Bonheur.
- If a patient is new but already accepted at St. Jude, the patient must be seen by the St. Jude clinical staff when they arrive before the family can go into St. Jude housing.
- If your child is a new patient and you arrive at St. Jude on the weekend or after hours, go to the front desk in the main lobby. Tell the receptionist your child is a new patient and a member of the St. Jude staff will direct you to Registration. Then, the patient will be seen by a St. Jude doctor. After seeing the doctor, a Registration staff member will arrange your housing.
Le Bonheur support staff
- Social Work – You can reach a Le Bonheur social worker 24 hours a day by calling 901-287-3129.
- Chaplain – You can reach a chaplain 24 hours a day by calling 901-287-6024.
- Language interpreters – Talk to the nurse or social worker if you need interpreting services.
- Child Life – Le Bonheur has child life specialists to help your child during a hospital stay. You can reach Child Life at 901-287-6021.
Directions from St. Jude to Le Bonheur
- When exiting the main entrance at St. Jude, turn LEFT onto N. Lauderdale Street.
- Just after the underpass, turn LEFT on Alabama Avenue.
- At the next stoplight, turn RIGHT onto Danny Thomas Boulevard.
- At the second stoplight, turn LEFT onto Washington Avenue.
- After the first stoplight, the Le Bonheur Physicians Office Building Parking Garage and Lot will be on the RIGHT.
- If you want to park in the front lot at 850 Poplar, turn LEFT at the next stoplight (N. Dunlap Street). The hospital will be on your RIGHT. Proceed to the stoplight at Poplar Avenue, turn RIGHT and turn into the first driveway on the LEFT. Park in any available spot.
Parking at Le Bonheur
Physicians Office Building Parking Garage and Lot
The entrance to Le Bonheur's parking garage and parking lot is on Washington Avenue west of Dunlap. The Physicians Office Building Parking Garage and Lot are monitored by a parking lot officer and security cameras 24 hours a day. You may park on any level, except in spaces that are reserved.
From the parking garage:
- Inside walkways on the north side of the garage lead to doctors' offices in the Physician Office Building.
- After you enter the Physicians Office Building, take the elevator to the ground floor.
- When you come off the elevator on the ground floor, there will be a wide tunnel to your right. Follow the tunnel to the hospital.
If parked in the parking lot:
- Take the walkway between the parking garage and Physicians Office Building into the building.
- After entering the Physicians Office Building, take the elevator to the ground floor.
- When you come off the elevator on the ground floor, there will be a wide tunnel to your right. Follow the tunnel and the red hearts to the hospital.
Emergency Department Parking Lot
The Emergency Department parking lot is located off North Pauline on the east side of the hospital. It is for Emergency Department patients only. If your child is admitted to the hospital, please park in the Physicians Office Building Parking Garage and Lot or the front lot at 850 Poplar.
Handicap parking is offered in 4 locations:
- Physicians Office Building Parking Lot
- Level 1 of the Physicians Office Building Parking Garage
- Front Lot at 850 Poplar
- Emergency Department Parking Lot
You may request a security officer to escort you to your car by calling Le Bonheur Security at 901-287-6017.
This document is not intended to take the place of the care and attention of your personal physician or other professional medical services. Our aim is to promote active participation in your care and treatment by providing information and education. Questions about individual health concerns or specific treatment options should be discussed with your physician.
St. Jude complies with health care-related federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
ATTENTION: If you speak another language, assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-866-278-5833 (TTY: 1-901-595-1040).
1-866-278-5833 تنبيه: إذا كنت تتحدث بلغة أخرى، فيمكنك الاستعانة بخدمات المساعدة اللغوية المتوفرة لك بالمجان. يرجى الاتصال بالرقم
.(1-901-595-1040 :الهاتف النصي)