diamond pattern

Songs That Help Me in Treatment and Life

Paishence, 16, underwent years of physical therapy after being diagnosed with bone cancer in 2012. Now she wants to be known for her DJ skills, and was selected as one of the first St. Jude patients to curate a playlist for Apple Music.

More

Building the Family Commons: Making a Long-time Dream Come True for St. Jude Families

Janice English is a St. Jude nurse who serves as director of the Patient and Family Experience Office at St. Jude. Part of her job is bringing to life plans for the new Family Commons at St. Jude, a space created just for families to unwind and relax during treatment.

More

Looking Back, Pressing Forward During Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

The childhood cancer survival rate has increased from 20 percent to more than 80 percent since @StJude opened. But when your child falls into the other 20 percent, then that percentage is no longer acceptable, parent Paula Head writes.

More

A Poem for My Son at Nine Years Old

A St. Jude parent shares the sorrows and joys — and bittersweet milestones — of raising her child after cancer.

More

#Lifegoals: Why I'm Running 15 Marathons for St. Jude

1,532. This is the number of miles I have run since I decided to take full control of my health and begin training to run 15 marathons in one year as a St. Jude Hero.

More

The Tao of Colin: Five Things My Son Taught Us About Life

In 2018, the city of Ithaca, New York celebrated the life and mourned the loss of 10-year-old Colin Hayward-Toland, its youngest police officer. His mom, Tamiko Toland, writes about the lessons Colin still teaches us about how to live life to the fullest.

More

Khadeen Ellis: How Millennials Can Use Social Media for Good

Khadeen Ellis, an actress, TV host and mom of three, talks about how she learned to use her social influence to make a difference for St. Jude.

More

How Running the Athens Marathon Showed Me the Global Heart of St. Jude

Lexie Johnston is a St. Jude Hero from Memphis who recently ran the Athens Marathon. She writes about how the experience helped her realize the truly global nature of St. Jude.

More

DISCOVER